Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac warranty

Friend of mine bought the 27" i3 iMac around 36 days ago, now it will not switch on.
What is legal position, can he get a brand new replacement or have to wait around for repair?

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 11:15 AM

7 replies

Nov 9, 2010 12:50 PM in response to baltwo

Without AppleCare, which gives 3-yeaar warranty service, he has 90-day warranty service.

That's misstated (at least I'm guessing it's a misstatement) and misleading. Apple gives a one-year warranty on all iMacs. They provide only 90 days of free telephone support, but the warranty doesn't end when the phone support does.

Cheers.

Nov 9, 2010 12:48 PM in response to Lel

Lel wrote:
What is the difference between the 90 day warranty and the 1 year normal warranty?

baltwo miswrote: there is no "90 day warranty" except on repairs on a system that is otherwise out of warranty. Your friend's new iMac has a full 1-year warranty. It is at Apple's option whether to repair or replace the system; this long after purchase Apple will almost certainly elect to repair the system.

Regards.

iMac warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.