Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No plus button when making a textbox

When I click the text box icon in the toolbar I get a new text box with the word text in it. If I option click I can drag to create a sized text box. Of those two types of text boxes, no matter what text box I select when I paste text (in my example it contains multiple paragraphs) the box just expands. It there a way to get the text box to have the resize handles on all sides and to show the plus button when there id overflow text?

Macbook Pro 17" | Mac OS X (10.6.4), Mac OS X (10.6.4), MacBookPro1,1 | Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz | 2 GB Memory

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 10:17 PM

4 replies

Nov 9, 2010 10:32 PM in response to Chris Shaddock

Not that I know of. I guess Apple figured if you paste/type text into a text box you want to see all of it.

You can create a single-cell plain table and put your text in it instead, assuming you don't want the text rotated. You can resize it to be smaller than the text but you will not be able to see any of the text that spills over the boundaries of the cell except by looking in the formula bar.

Neither text boxes nor text-formatted cells give the + when there is too much text. This only happens with number formats.

No plus button when making a textbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.