Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Browsers Displaying Raw Text For ASPX Web Pages

Hi,

I have noticed that all installed web browsers are displaying Active Server Pages (aspx) content as plain text instead of rendering them properly. For example, the page <http://support.toast.net/KB/a78/spf-rules-email-returned-stating-does-not-pass -spf.aspx> is being displayed as raw text instead of being rendered properly.

I loaded up a Windows VM and the page rendered properly. So it appears that my Mac is the issue here. I've tried this page with Firefox 3.6.12, Safari 5.0.2, Camino 2.0.5 and Google Chrome 9.0.572.1, all with the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rocky

Mac Pro 2x2 2.66 GHz 11 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 12:30 PM

24 replies

Nov 10, 2010 1:28 PM in response to andyBall_uk

So far, it's just the cntent of this one site, but every page that's aspx is loading content like this:

Server: SmarterTools/2.0.3925.23739
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:11:45 GMT
X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-Compressed-By: HttpCompress
Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=yoif2445aydggpbt0byznp55; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: uidut=44030; expires=Sat, 10-Nov-2040 21:11:45 GMT; path=/
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 3955
Connection: Close

‹������í½`I–%&/mÊ{JõJ×àt¡€`$ؐ@ìÁˆÍæ’ìiG#)«*ÊeVe]f@Ì흼÷Þ{ï½÷Þ{ï½÷º;N'÷ßÿ?\fd löÎJÚÉž!€ªÈ?~|?"~ãäñïúôË“7¿ÏËÓtÞ.ÊôåWOžŸ¤mß½ûÝ{'wï>}ó4ý½¿ýæ‹çéîx'}Sg˦h‹j™•wïž¾ ø(ýhÞ¶«Gwï^]]¯î«úâî›WwßÖ.^Ö_·[ïÍñ¬}tD]sïå²ù,g÷áÇòº4γYZÌ>ûhÚ–;;¿?þÜýèèq[´eN ßÿØë—ÏÒWë2oÒíôt‘eZçíº^æ³´i³¶X^¤¿0[¬ѺjŸVÔnYµé*kš¯Öù/Zu¾È—m“žWu:«ÈÒ½B(Ü5=.‹å[z¥ üì£f^ÕítݦŴZ~”Îëüü³îžg—ø{Lÿ|”¶×«ü³ŠEv‘ß}·-íî†Pn÷2àÞÔæÇ«ÕïÿfN˜7w¿]ÕŪåݓׯï¾n ¯Ëüõ<ÏÛqÖÌßýk"ÞîÉ“OwNîíÝz°û„¨¸;þt|ïáÞýñÞ½÷?ýýïïÙ??=౟eþEÖ¼ýì%“fýdÝ´‡¯òþïÿmB ¬þ¼.fܬnËÏγ²É?R² ÷½›!´ù»öî´i0‚Ç‹¼ÍRLù6È~I“šMçù6º«ò£¿ÐL|öѲÚæ¯>Š¼³ª³‹Eo|üJMªÙu :-iš©“S–mýQ:+êÏ>ÂoàÇ4á‹4_NՏ˜Ï²fµÌÛgôÍG)õ=¯è³UÕЀ–Ù"¿o³ú" ˜SgÅ%~˱…@œ³Y¾4oþþ¿ÿéOž¾xóæøÕç§o¤³ÎG—Y¹fDîÞ
½õÕô3€å>¼=´Ÿ<;ýîë7ÇoN
$ï…r÷êôåÓ«¯ž?sº÷図½/ÞüÄΗo~êíOæí§?ÿÎÝ_ôbçÝÕêåOœ_?ùê;¿÷O}ºÿ|W{¾+”¡ßši]� Ì?]fò)hx÷îãßõ{'Oßï7N.³:mç9(~Fr9]CJǘ³æ{»iøøû$¤Åyºõ»jë;é/þ“”žÈÛî5zé—üÆÉùšfŸ ÔSúûÿþ³ê%Mó“lúv+¿¤¶oxrG)ÿq\_0�Ûïp\-›õdQ´éÏüLºÕýpëNú»~–²”ܱ¯{è&3½ e‡ÃÁwÌd‡od#ï”ô«_ÂD¸{÷ûß牒™à¹r³ÕÔSšþïæ“WySëi>ÎÞÍ~Ùg;?ýnù«ßgýæåÛß¿X>ût±wr¼ódö ùå‹wOΟ5_~Y¼ißÍöŸýôO¿ú½¾ÊïN7{¾üÉâ÷ÿê÷¹·³úE¿×Ëy³ýí/^/~êä'Ï~ŸÏ_~w§øÉŸx³½ZŸí² ri?ûôÞþÞîÎÞÞΧ»{ööïíßÔŠÏ<‘Ítð?ÞŸ½ùôì÷š¿Í>¿üêíË“'—¯V—'_<ÛþꋇŸŸí>¼þty±úÉ"ÿéýó݇ ¿wõ{ÿÞËϯ¾³¼z8Ùo¾»Ü¯^-ßÍדýƒåçç~úóêÅÕöÅÁöôê÷^ÿ þÁ·úÙöö~úÅïóìêUêÓ?ý{ÿÔîÅõw~¯/ê/ *{9¿þî‹7åóß}úæ÷ºÿéO¾[}Yþô½Ë“—×O·ëé±ÿ¹>÷÷ó³ýÛŒþ#ÿéËõ½û¾s~°˜î=-¾¼þE_\ìO/w'Ç¿×“ç ‹ƒ'/·Ëû{÷/>¯îü^'¿èÝ›lúª98ÿÎËìî·_6oÏ~òUy°øÁïõ{ýà;ûÍ«/¦õîwÛW“ò÷ùé¯öï¯w>_þþ¿ÏåÞïS eÅvñû¿¹ÞþÉ‹¯êƒæÍÉ‹ßçˋ滿¨¸~ý&Ÿ_ýÔélòÕ›rorï;¿ÿÕÕîÕzçýÄäËŸþ‰Ÿº(ßþ^Óûo³v{÷}wçk“ƒ”ü ½ŸÖy}ÝŒ‰×!,Íø%™ßWdvò¦ý"[Òõ˜Xü™¬,~o}Ì>Éï&4Ö»œ¶!Ù=-Ù¹xr}6Ûò•ÖˆàMÑûgKrc–Ó|ëÎø÷ _¯fY›Ÿˆµl¶¾÷ýQjþÿpðb‚|”Q"îÄwl#þU†y{¯âZâË•úŽ'ó¬0ä—þ®?Mƒ¯;²{‹ û±û1¨ßUVƒÈ_1U^ç¢ÇIÕ.×ey‡[ý˜6)«i†oÇðHKvÞîíÁ[;C¾H^;[ÎʼÞÊG)¾ ¿X@‘-g¯Ê2ý=Ò«b9«® ƬÜÇoóë“j–§Ò||5/¦ó;égŸ¥»÷5Ã=²žç¿Ä)+¤Ÿýþ!ÿZôžgË‹5ñÍÔò"Ÿm¨Á"OÛºô
j—ÅÅ_4`žMû±A#ÃëD•Ìŗ㊙¥ùÿÑä%Ñ?Ÿ-gù»ï‹•3CÂ{§ïVä½?¥y¢×—ùUŠ_ݨÝש}S,ò-ï£ýèNúIºuïÓ ûé·ÒÝúgoŸþ¹÷éΰ³C¢šÞ½‹ï®ó¬n¶¥À´ªÞèÿã׊ýgä¼™f«|‹PG?®²vþÙÝÃ4gDnã!ÕVŸñæu[“€¸qؾ, g‘·]e³¶^禕O–¡ŽH‘fÝá/×Ä‚ÏjòýT˜üoW<oªÕ›lÒè÷á똋¥‘ÃÎwß&÷;¯íw?ö¸Í&§™¿k÷ý53ožT‹U¶ ¼~^]Tîm4ɼàßrü8ÈÄM^ÙVYÓŽIÃ’J)7ÏLíY}w™‘÷®‚(J¤Fô
5ÉJrêOaå”q¢Š‹%yÿ“fAÎsIÇ:Ÿ}4©jòöU1kçvVï9Ò¹›ùã¼ÛÎ<Üõˆ@ø2¾rïwG䏧:9qÌgÇ$¾—9}ü± åã»_P{÷i~žKv{ßQû†hl^i&ĽÏΖ½ÞþøHˆAlEßudG>‚†ýŸduØól’—™æ}‘rLWL}H”ý¦Ó¡|X-Ey¹Ï2 #tD½¤F±Ð�õ·5Òù8'œ./Ê¢™§[ùòÎã»ò†Ëmdfæç£);.ôÅóü܉NïÛWÅÅÜûúÇ~árÒ¬ýŽ†8ÄÿuXXƒ¯À ¶/ ø{'5_¼üöïÿ¤&‘žÖëŤy™-órW"gŸ]“Ît{ßœµù‚v˜;¿]-rf%ÃqH¯s²ºY[oý‹öð†ÖÝ~¯'w'uuÕäÚéﵬ ®Ê|v‘§O²æ‡Òýt÷n]UíöyUÎXó�WôIúŒ?ù¡àpïnŽ\™öÎy³J¿»÷î.«åö,/I[ÕÐ|ŠÂúô©ûôg ™Û$ß3QÈÍ"Ԑþd‘býÝ|ò‘~/mjï/ùÄZÆéëb–OD¥øMðô? “öã@7Ëg0Ó]Yµ_ˆ¾?["ÑÂÎF0ºPò)˦ðCñ{=Áû¾ÂðÉðñ”\ŒÉ@oÓàÝp?~^-/ÔL×m1¥—Ξ²õÁ°<8Oïòû C0NˆH¹§_.c0v÷îîÞÝÛÙyxP_T³â¼Èg·d-»o.|ÖøY™·cö㛯5gúîûL›“o¢=:ß;~öäÞ“§ûû÷OîïßÛ›><}úä áÓ““‡Ç÷î?Û9e
¾ØDZؓµæîî§ïv?½û’¼aŠ4ŠóÕ
ûغa³¯öñÇês¥j1¿.RÜ%ËŠ&}É
ÔP‡5âC~òéýgÇÇ»û»Ow÷ö³lòpïÉÎî“'÷ïï=xødwïÓ÷ò³ì’>nó惇}ÄŽg³ÔôØó{qñMŸ¨#|äi:(ÇMá×7Å
,ï¸5T¼½·o+]óÝ!ÙúÙ3óÝ!Q½7 «'²úá˪÷ªý^¥}e¾h«•Q ¿œSÃí†ÒY(‡€ð…¾¦üÒòâèõõbÕVèù µZe†XÝè8¥X!o›Äi½dMÒVäz/g)»ø+Kß|yüú
¢6ý0›N«5É{Jòa�P*¨˜R.ä:g
’ÙÚÖÒŸ ѧʔ´sþžÜ«²ºÂ”äuMô&IkH¾uÆ°..‹›†sÿþNúËö°X¥ÙlF±{ǃfò–“=v}SgàVîé(¾“lÝäˆyé–³áèL keÓ·MŠÜR“×är5©zdL/35æç‰!<ø”2`¤M׫trÍ”ÇüæõÇMzöúeJñuÚæÔ‘6¯®�}Ρ·öv^WžÀqzvŽ_*1M ƝøMv
ü>šULnâ“|¥ÊZ ¬—„Q“Ò:Ì”b‰F fi³Ê§d¹§)7’>b\•+ˆmÅIÞå'Ë8ý¢BÎ%¢ 3½¢d&SˆÒ01.êúªª‰¶øì’ºc¦7zÙÏUT«|Ù¬ÎyÉ� ÝÙšïG2Gß>}uêÅ×ïØپϼ®Ê5cì³Íû°Í·³ËÜ£‘)"‘A–,!UQó|Óßgoˆ›È7oÁÿ,ⳟ¦ÕcmTÛ‹
ÓèM&Ú³Áë‹ìm®¯ˆ�éTxüç‘"t¹?Ì:õ?éØ+ÍÜè¯joŠ{iY’ýœÀ-úސxF¡g` tè@Ž½äP6Ž‡ÇàÍ‚X ¯ÛŠ–*(Gº¸k>¨i…•ÖéË…ÍÛí¦:o¯H‹H h–Ô?þý'e¶|kS<Ë
9?2Áä
€¤/ëꜘ×Òûã{!ÏÏt¢Ÿu¼¾Mï¥Oé½ôµ¾×CæN«Õuº·³»cÂF¼z}ÚÁ£Iz¶œŽ½4£™ fç,¼j_x‘B³eìo$N¿ëövÐz{R¦+3¥Ipä/$mZ_ҁ6ë´‡ËÔÞ%£ÀÉWi]-ËëϐÔky9ì¯Ó1½ÖÖ×XpÇJAÃóûû Kz[ü~9ùiJím
#úòì”1¿ˆ82õXJ§Üü9ú¦u~|à�½Û'©ÛíÖ'íJÍ-âBBWŽÎi¡–ú÷
qcíàÝ(<¬á(ŒFò Lý{L¾{¥[ýlùˍLŸf=d”~Dó“æ´ºE(n¹å)ø8C"m^“®S¼cÂ3ÒÏÚ 7–|)ø+]Èñ–“ã+¸ïÂëà_&äÌó/óvÏñÿ KÉÙÿÇ'�� <iframe src="javascript: void(0);" class="clueframe" style="padding: 0pt ! important; margin: 0pt ! important; float: none ! important; border: 0px solid rgb(255, 0, 0) ! important; background: none repeat scroll center center transparent ! important; width: 758px; height: 451px; display: none; overflow: visible ! important; position: fixed; text-indent: 0px ! important; z-index: 2147483637 ! important; max-width: none ! important; min-width: 0pt ! important; max-height: none ! important; min-height: 0pt ! important; left: -2000px; top: -2000px; bottom: auto ! important; right: auto ! important; line-height: 16px ! important; white-space: nowrap ! important;" name="ClueFrame" id="ClueFrame" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The content appears different when on the screen. There are a lot of high ASCII characters that appear on the display but are not appearing when transferred via the clipboard. I dumped the cookies for the site, but of course that didn't help. I trying to test other ASP sites, but I first have to find sites to test!

Thanks,

Rocky

Nov 10, 2010 6:41 PM in response to andyBall_uk

It would seem that there is not a MIME definition for .aspx files, as it didn't kmnow how to handle the file type. I don't know offhand if there should be a MIME type defined for ASP/ASPX, since I'm not authoring this content.

I downloaded the file and the portion of the file that isn't binary data displays properly. The file contained the following:

Server: SmarterTools/2.0.3925.23739
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 02:30:20 GMT
X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
Content-Encoding: gzip
X-Compressed-By: HttpCompress
Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=ixcj1155tlafaa450qiazr32; path=/; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: uidut=44087; expires=Sun, 11-Nov-2040 02:30:20 GMT; path=/
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 3955
Connection: Close

The remainder appears to be binary data.

Any other suggestions? I will be applying the 10.6.5 combo updater later on...

Thanks,

Rocky

Web Browsers Displaying Raw Text For ASPX Web Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.