Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro won't wake up

Hi,

Within the last couple of weeks I have been having problems with my MacBook Pro and it not waking up once it goes to sleep, specifically when I close the lid.

Just a side note, I installed Cocktail to try and speed up my Mac and it ran maintenance scripts and repair disk permissions.

This problem started after I downloaded and ran Cocktail. I have since deleted it.

Do you think there is any connection? I have read that others have had this same problem, but I feel it's basic trouble shooting to look at what you have just recently installed before the problem started to diagnose the problem.

Any help will be very appreciated,

Brandon

13" MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPhone 3G

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 9:59 PM

Try a PRAM reset.

DALE

4 replies

Nov 15, 2010 11:59 PM in response to bman99

I had a similar problem and I had to change the logic board.

Everytime I turned off or put it to sleep at night, the next morning it would not turn on or wake. No matter if the magsafe was plugged in(green or ambar light) or not. The battery was always full(I could see the eight green dots). When I pushed the power button I could see the white light in front of the MacBook blinking only once. A noise from the HD would start for a second and stop.

What I figured out was that I had unplug the magsafe and keep pushing the power button rapidly and constantly until making the HD to work. Usually took like one or two minutes to make it work and once it started it would run normally. I could turn it off or put it to sleep and wait for few minutes and turn it on again or wake from sleep without a problem.

_The problem was that I could not let my Macbook turned off or sleeping for a long time (overnight more than 6-7 hours)._

It seems to me that some component of the logic board could not work if it was cold (ambient temperature). That's why I had to keep pushing the power button to make some "heat". Probably a half broken circuit line.

I sent my MacBook Pro to service center three times until they finally decided to replace the logic board.

Now it works perfectly !

Macbook Pro won't wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.