Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samson USB mic not recognized after 10.6.5 update

I have a Samson C01U mic that I use about every single day... typically through a program called WireTap Studio. Today, after installing the 10.6.5 update, the mic is not recognized at all. Plugging it into the USB does nothing, and it can be found nowhere.

Just to verify the update is the issue, I plugged it into my 2007 iMac upstairs (which hasn't been updated) and it recognized it just fine.

Any help?

250 GB, 20" iMac (2007 model), Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 7:08 AM

9 replies

Nov 11, 2010 2:43 PM in response to hypnowheel

fyi, I did reset the prams and it didn't have any effect. I also called Apple Support and they said it was likely a software issue, and that Samson would probably issue an firmware update. So... sit around and wait and hope, I guess.

The only other remedy they offered me was to restore to a Time Machine backup and revert back to 10.6.4... which is a pretty big hassle.

I'd still love to hear other solutions, because I'm not sure I'm happy waiting on Samson to fix this issue.

Thanks for all your help.

Nov 11, 2010 4:04 PM in response to hypnowheel

Might this be related to this thread?

The short version: custom USB audio drivers based on an old version of the open source Apple Audio USB driver stopped working in 10.6.5. Removing the custom driver lets the device use the generic audio USB driver. I have one of these mics but I haven't updated that mac yet.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2644643&tstart=0

JRS

Samson USB mic not recognized after 10.6.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.