Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbook G4 - Snow leopard. intel needed.

I have purchased the 'Snow Leopard' software but I am unable to install this on my 'Powerbook G4' as this is not an intel-based Mac.

I need this software upgrade in order to install the new 'Adobe Suite CS5'....You see my predicament?

Is there any work around this. is there ANY way of keeping my mac and upgrading to intel?

ANY advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 12:54 PM

7 replies

Nov 11, 2010 1:03 PM in response to MacNorton

Is there any work around this. is there ANY way of keeping my mac and upgrading to intel?

"keeping [your] mac and upgrading to intel"...?

Sure, there's nothing that says you have to throw your Mac away 🙂

But there's absolutely no chance of getting Snow Leopard to run on it. That machine is old by computing standards and there's no support for running Snow Leopard on PowerPC-based machines - that includes the G5's, let alone the G4's that preceded them.

Nov 11, 2010 3:58 PM in response to MacNorton

The PowerBook G4 was (imho) the most beautifully designed computer Apple has ever made, so I share your affection for it.

Unfortunately it can't (normally) be upgraded in the way you describe but you might try asking these people (I note you're in the UK). I've always found them very helpful and able to work miracles.

http://www.group8.com/

Powerbook G4 - Snow leopard. intel needed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.