Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I pair my A1314 Apple bluetooth keyboard with the iPhone?

I read that it can be done, that the A1314 bluetooth can be paired with both the iPad and the iPhone.

What steps to I make to proceed to pair the keyboard with the iPhone?

TIA,

Ken

15" 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 8G RAM

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 11:09 AM

Page 43 of the manual:

"Using an Apple Wireless Keyboard
For ease of typing, you can use an Apple Wireless Keyboard (available separately; iPhone 3GS or later).
The Apple Wireless Keyboard connects via Bluetooth, so you must pair the keyboard with iPhone. See “Pairing a Bluetooth Device with iPhone” on page 47."

http://manuals.info.apple.com/enUS/iPhone_iOS4_UserGuide.pdf
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2010 11:09 AM in response to Kenneth Nielsen

Page 43 of the manual:

"Using an Apple Wireless Keyboard
For ease of typing, you can use an Apple Wireless Keyboard (available separately; iPhone 3GS or later).
The Apple Wireless Keyboard connects via Bluetooth, so you must pair the keyboard with iPhone. See “Pairing a Bluetooth Device with iPhone” on page 47."

http://manuals.info.apple.com/enUS/iPhone_iOS4_UserGuide.pdf

Nov 12, 2010 11:14 AM in response to Kenneth Nielsen

1 - Open your Bluetooth at Settings/General/Bluetooth
2 - Be sure it's set to ON
3 - While the keyboard is off, press your keyboard power button
-- Note that you can not have an active connection from your keyboard. If you have a Mac or other iDevice already connected, shut off that connectivity or tell it to forget the device.
4 - It should pull up automatically. If you paired it with an OS X machine before, it will say "KNeilsen Keyboard". If it asks a PIN, it's usually 0000.

Nov 12, 2010 1:36 PM in response to JoeZinVA

Both excellent responses. Thank You. I'm assuming now that since Bluetooth takes extra battery drain that the keyboard that connects to the iPad would be a better energy saver. Also, there is energy drain when using with the iPhone, so I had best figure out the best avenue in that regard if I have typing I want to do. It might be best to type at my computer and e-mail the result to the iPhone.

Thank You Guys,

Ken

How do I pair my A1314 Apple bluetooth keyboard with the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.