Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Farsi font problem in Word

Hi,

I have a problem with persian writing in Word. Now I have the persian font on my imac and I have no problem with persian writing in the explorer or anywhere else except in the word. first of all the words are written from left to right ( in farsi we write from right to left) and secondly the lettres are not attached. can anyone help me?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 10:53 AM

7 replies

Nov 14, 2010 5:32 AM in response to Noushin DIANAT

I've got a new problem!!!! I can't download the Mellel or textedit from sourceforge or other sites for downloading Mac softwares.

You don't download TextEdit, it comes with OS X and is in your Applications folder.

You don't download Mellel from sourceforge. You get it here:

http://www.redlers.com/download.html

The place to get OpenOffice is here:

http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/aqua-Intel.html

Let us know if you still have problems.

Nov 14, 2010 8:38 AM in response to Noushin DIANAT

I told you. there is no difference. sourceforge, macupdate, redlers or porting.openofiice. I can't download these files.

I assume you did find TextEdit on your machine?

I have no problem downloading anything, and I don't know why it would not work for you. Perhaps you should start a new topic with a subject like "Browsers won't download any apps" and see if someone has an idea of what could be causing that.

You might also try an additional browser like Opera or Chrome.

Nov 14, 2010 9:08 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

oh yeah. first of all thanks for reminding me of the place of textedit. and secondly you know what? I tried the opera and finally I could install the two softwares!!!!!!!
but it's bizarre that I can't do the same thing with safari or firefox. maybe I should listen to your suggestion and start a new subject. thanks for all your helps.

Noushin

Farsi font problem in Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.