Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I flip through photos?

Question - I'm new to my MacBook Pro, how do I flip through photos? If I open one in Preview it won't let me go to the next or previous, and I can't figure it out in iPhoto. Thanks!!

MacBook Pro, 13"

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 1:27 PM

"... If I open one in Preview it won't let me go to the next or previous,"

Don't open one in Preview. If the picture are in a folder do a command-a (select all). Then do a command-o (open file). They will all open in Preview and then you can hit the next button or use the arrow keys. In iPhoto you group photos together to make an event. Then you double click on an event and you can see all the photos. You can also set up a slide show as well. Post your iphoto questions in the iPhoto forums:
http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=143
In the meantime stop down to your local book store and peruse the books available for Macs and Snow Leopard. Check out books by David Pogue who writes a tech column for the NY Times. They are light and easy to navigate through.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2010 1:27 PM in response to AndrewAW

"... If I open one in Preview it won't let me go to the next or previous,"

Don't open one in Preview. If the picture are in a folder do a command-a (select all). Then do a command-o (open file). They will all open in Preview and then you can hit the next button or use the arrow keys. In iPhoto you group photos together to make an event. Then you double click on an event and you can see all the photos. You can also set up a slide show as well. Post your iphoto questions in the iPhoto forums:
http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=143
In the meantime stop down to your local book store and peruse the books available for Macs and Snow Leopard. Check out books by David Pogue who writes a tech column for the NY Times. They are light and easy to navigate through.

How do I flip through photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.