Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Mouse Tracking

I just recently started using Mac OS X and am enjoying it but I do have one issue. I have a Logitech Optical USB mouse and the tracking speed is horrible, the cursor is overall just jittery & inaccurate and very slow. I went into the mouse settings and set tracking speed as high as possible and it's still pretty bad.

I was just curious as to if theres a fix for this? Or am I suppose to get a mouse that is specifically for the Mac OS?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: By the way, I have tested the same mouse on my Win 7 machine and didn't have any of these issues so I know for a fact it's not the mouse at fault.

Message was edited by: theuserenjoys

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2010 4:51 PM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2010 5:03 PM in response to theuserenjoys

Check the logitech site <http://www.logitech.com/584/3129?WT.mc id=usym_redirect/maclcc> and see if there is any update available for your mouse. You don't have to have a special mouse for macs. I am using an older HP USB mouse on my MacBook right now and it works fine. You may also want to check the light hole in the mouse base. Mine gets erratic when there is a dog hair or some such in there. A quick blow with compressed air fixes it.

User uploaded file

Nov 15, 2010 5:44 PM in response to theuserenjoys

I'm having the same issues. I first bought a magic mouse but found I had to lift the mouse to make it from one end of the screen to the other. I tried MagicPrefs and Mousezoom; they improve the situation but not to my satisfaction. I went and got a MS usb wireless and I have the same sluggish mouse tracking.

I have only had success with a MS wired mouse. I have a Logitech USB wireless with a big honking receiver I'm about to try but I'm not holding my breath.

I even wiped and re-installed OSX 10.6.4 and tried again - and tried again on 10.6.5 still the same result.

Nov 15, 2010 6:59 PM in response to theuserenjoys

I don't believe you stated one way or the other, but did you install the Logitech Control Center software on your computer?? If you did it should be listed on the bottom of the System Preferences window.
If not you can download the latest version from their web site.

I am a long-time user of a Logitech Cordless Optical trackball and it works fine for me.

Also, you didn't mention which Apple computer you own. I am thinking it must be a laptop that did not come with a mouse, right?

Arch

Nov 17, 2010 7:14 AM in response to Arch Riker

Just for a follow-up on this; after trying a bluetooth Magic Mouse w/ Mousezoom/magic prefs and a MS usb wireless w/ bluetrack I just picked up a razor orochi and it absolutely flies with no extra applications other than the orochi mac drivers. This is both wired and through bluetooth. ***** that I had to spend almost $100 to fix my issue but it's "fixed".

Nov 20, 2010 5:08 AM in response to Arch Riker

Arch Riker wrote:
I don't believe you stated one way or the other, but did you install the Logitech Control Center software on your computer?? If you did it should be listed on the bottom of the System Preferences window.
If not you can download the latest version from their web site.

I am a long-time user of a Logitech Cordless Optical trackball and it works fine for me.

Also, you didn't mention which Apple computer you own. I am thinking it must be a laptop that did not come with a mouse, right?

Arch

Macbook Pro and I have already tried installing the Logitech software and it didn't help at all unfortunately.

Slow Mouse Tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.