4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 8:01 PM by Crimson Mask
Crimson Mask Level 1 Level 1
So interesting problem. I have had to re-install OS X due a huge performance loss? Anyways, I am now up and running with garage band and Imovie both installed and working. Only now I have no Iphoto?? I have also installed PSE 8 but I'd still like iphoto? I have not found it on my install disc even under additional components? Any thoughts?

Intel Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)
Solved by Old Toad on Nov 14, 2010 7:39 PM Solved
Download and run Pacifist on both of those disks to see if you can find the iPhoto package on one. Select it and use the extract and install option.

There wasn't a 3rd disk that indicated it contained the installed software?
Reply by Old Toad on Nov 14, 2010 5:29 PM Helpful
Did you reinstall iPhoto from the disk it came on? The system install does not include iPhoto or the other iLife applications. If iPhoto came with the computer it will take a second install and would be on another disk looking something like this:

Click to view full size

Unless, of course, you purchased iLife 09 to get iPhoto 09. Then you'll need to use the iLife 09 install disk.

OT

All replies

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    Did you reinstall iPhoto from the disk it came on? The system install does not include iPhoto or the other iLife applications. If iPhoto came with the computer it will take a second install and would be on another disk looking something like this:

Click to view full size

Unless, of course, you purchased iLife 09 to get iPhoto 09. Then you'll need to use the iLife 09 install disk.

OT
  • Crimson Mask Level 1 Level 1
    Well, the 2 discs that came with my mac are 10.5.4 and both say install. the clean re-install included both garageband and imovie. I tried the custom install procedure and do not see iphoto anywhere?
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    Download and run Pacifist on both of those disks to see if you can find the iPhoto package on one. Select it and use the extract and install option.

There wasn't a 3rd disk that indicated it contained the installed software?
  • Crimson Mask Level 1 Level 1
    Seems to have worked! Thanks for all the help!!!

Cheers

Jim