Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Document Information/Time spent on document

1460 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2010 8:19 AM by KOENIG Yvan RSS
OlsonAH82 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 15, 2010 7:30 AM
Hi all,

The school I work for in Tennessee is a 1:1 laptop school, PK-12th grade. A high school English teacher has asked me if there is a way in Pages to see just how long a student has spent time on said document("Suzy, you spent 4 minutes on a 2 page paper?", must have copied/pasted). I have looked in Inspector in the Document tab and see the Info tab, and I know about the Get Info on a file, but nothing states a time. I have heard Word gives this information. Any ideas in Pages?

Thanks for any help.
Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)
  • PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (27,350 points)
    Nov 15, 2010 7:52 AM (in response to OlsonAH82)
    I am almost certain that Pages can not do this.

I'd say an absolute no, but I have been caught before.

Peter
    Aluminium iMac 24" 2.8Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.5), The closest you'll ever get to there, is here.
  • Level 8 Level 8 (41,760 points)
    Nov 15, 2010 8:19 AM (in response to PeterBreis0807)
    iWork documents store three date_time values :

SLCreationDateProperty
    SLLastModifiedDateProperty
    SLLastPrintedDateProperty

I wish to add that we may easily change the stored values but that we can't change the file's creation date_time which is displayed by the system.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) lundi 15 novembre 2010 17:18:57
    To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.