Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6.5 killed all my Adobe CS4 PDF presets

I installed 10.6.5 last week. Besides the annoying landscape/portrait printing problem, I've found that all of my PDF presets in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop CS4 are gone. The only preset that survived is the one I made myself.

Any clues as to how I can restore the PDF presets? Nobody seems too interested in helping at adobe.com.

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 10:34 AM

10 replies

Nov 17, 2010 11:02 AM in response to John Blanchard1

Hi John.

The PDF presets reside in Root/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings/

After I had installed 10.6.5, 6 preset files were removed from the Settings folder. The folder tree itself remained, it was just that some of the contents of "Settings" were deleted. I have fixed the problem by copying the deleted settings files from a backup.

These are the files which were deleted:

Smallest File Size.joboptions
Press Quality.joboptions
PDFX4 2008.joboptions
PDFX3 2002.joboptions
PDFX1 2001.joboptions
High Quality Print.joboptions

These files were not deleted:

Standard.joboptions
PDFA1b 2005 RGB.joboptions
PDFA1b 2005 CMYK.joboptions
Oversized Pages.joboptions

Somebody at Adobe community support for Indesign directed me to restore these files from a backup, which solved the problem.

Nov 17, 2010 11:11 AM in response to jodyr

jodyr wrote:
The PDF presets reside in Root/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings/

Seems fine here:

Pele:Settings jdaniel$ ls "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings/"
High Quality Print.joboptions PDFX4 2007.joboptions
PDFX1a 2001.joboptions Press Quality.joboptions
PDFX3 2002.joboptions Smallest File Size.joboptions

I have Elements, but not CS4. The only way something like this could happen is if the "Settings" directory was a symbolic link to a system Settings folder. A system update is not going to go into 3rd party software and delete files.

Nov 17, 2010 2:01 PM in response to John Blanchard1

My missing presets are in InDesign CS4. First the print presets that I created are still there, but everything that was previously printing out with the correct orientation all of sudden prints wrong. Like other discussions have said, it seems to not want to print in landscape mode.
I looked at Apple's notes about switching from Appletalk to IP printing and decided to share my printer from my old G5 and use it to print my InDesign booklets and any other booklets (Acrobat).
I'll be waiting for a fix. I shouldn't have to rely on another computer to take advantage of these print features.

10.6.5 killed all my Adobe CS4 PDF presets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.