2926 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 16, 2010 7:45 AM by EZ Jim
I can take photos with Photo Booth just fine, but whenever I try to record a video, I get an empty zero-length video with a blank grey thumbnail. I can delete the video from Photo Booth if I want, but if I don't - the .mov shows up in the Trash anyway as soon as I quit Photo Booth. (The file doesn't open in Quicktime or VLC.)
I don't even know where to start troubleshooting. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to Discussions, azmegas
First try this:
• Backup your Mac and turn off Time Machine
• Disconnect peripherals and restart Mac
• Use Disk Utility to repair permissions
• Download and install http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324
• Repair permissions again immediately following the restart that finishes the update.
• Test Photo Booth
(• Turn Time Machine on again when you are satisfied that the update worked.)
We will watch for your status update.
Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Mac OS X (10.6.5); MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.5)
LED Cinema Display; G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11); iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9); External iSight; iPod touch 4.1