Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail doesn't download all messages on exchange server

Hi, I just installed a clean 10.6 on my previous generation MacBook Pro and when I connected Mail to my work exchange server it only downloaded the last week's worth of messages. The server has many more messages on it that I can access through web mail, but I prefer to have them on my computer. Is there some way to get Mail to download all messages?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 6:06 PM

10 replies

Jan 20, 2011 9:09 AM in response to dylanett

I have the same problem from time to time. It's a good thing the messages show up on my iPhone or I would never know they existed. My guess is that it has more to do with the Exchange server than with Mail.

Rather than deleting the account and recreating it--a quicker way to "reset" your mailbox is to uncheck "Enable this account" in the advanced tab, close preferences, save, open preferences and check "Enable this account." It works for me.

Jan 10, 2012 8:56 AM in response to dylanett

I think I just figured it out. Make sure that you have "All Messages" selected under Prefrences -> Accounts -> Your Exchange Mailbox, click another tab under prefrences so that it saves your account prefrences and close prefrences. Then, highlight your exchange mailbox in the mailbox list. Next, click the "Mailbox" menu up top and select, Rebuild. You should start seeing old messages piling up in youe preview pane. Done!

Mail doesn't download all messages on exchange server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.