11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2013 9:33 PM by LarryHN
Jerry Dammers Level 1 Level 1
expertise.photosformac
Photos for Mac
Is there a quick way to confirm multiple faces? I have thousands of photos to confirm but "Select All" and similar approaches (with cmd, ctrl etc) to select multiple photos don't seem to work, which would mean laboriously confirming each individual photo. Surely there must be a quicker way?

Ditto, if I want to add the same info to multiple photos, how do I do that?

Many thanks

MacBook Pro 13 - MC375BA (+ Sony VAIO VGN-FW11S & VPCW12S1E), Mac OS X (10.6.4), + iphone4
Reply by PT on Nov 19, 2010 8:00 AM Helpful
Jerry Dammers wrote:
I clicked the first photo, then clicked the last photo whilst holding command, but it didn't select them all.

How about a Shift-Click?

Patrick

All replies

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    I have not messed with new faces in '11 yet - but in '09 on the faces display you could scroll down to the Might be section and drag across them all to select them and then accept the whole bunch

LN
  • Jerry Dammers Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    I can't see that option in iPhoto 11.

It's really frustrating as it will takes ages to confirm/reject all my photos - surely there must be a quicker method - any other ideas anybody?

Many thanks
  • PT Level 7 Level 7
    I haven't used iPhoto '11 yet, so my apologies if my iPhoto '09 based assumptions don't work in '11.

So are you in the area where you now see a whole bunch of thumbnails of close ups of the faces you are supposed to confirm for one person and under them it says something like "click to confirm"?

If so, what happens if you click to the LEFT (not on it, but to the left) of the left most photo, continue to hold down the mouse button and drag over all the photo in that row?

Patrick
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    '11 works the same - in faces double click on a face and click on the confirm additional faces button - click outside the photos to the top left and drag to the lower right - all photos will show with a green confirm bar - if you want to reject one or more just click on them to change from accept to reject and click done

You can also select the first photo and command click the last photo to select all of them or option click on photos to selectively confirm them

LN
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    The method of dragging across the thumbnails works but is still quite difficult when dragging across thousands of photos (in effect, lots of pages).

What do you mean by "command click"? I clicked the first photo, then clicked the last photo whilst holding command, but it didn't select them all.

Thanks
  • PT Level 7 Level 7
    Jerry Dammers wrote:
    I clicked the first photo, then clicked the last photo whilst holding command, but it didn't select them all.

How about a Shift-Click?

Patrick
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    Yes thanks, that's it.
  • PT Level 7 Level 7
    You are very welcome.

Happy Faces,
    Patrick
  • denversharp Level 1 Level 1

Thank you- solved my problem quickly and works very well!

• tracee3d Level 1 Level 1

darn, why doesn't the Shift - Click work for me.....

expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Maybe because this thread is over three years old and there have been many changes in iPhoto since then - post a new thread including the version of iPHoto, of the OS and details of your question including what happens and any error messages that you get

LN