Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way you can get the full header of an email to show when replying?

Hi all, just switched from a Blackberry (and I'm loving most things about this phone!), but there's one thing that bugs me about the way mail works. I can't see it as a setting anywhere, hopefully it is, and if not, I'm crossing my fingers Apple will address it.

When replying to an email, it summarizes the header info (the From/Sent/To/Cc/Subject) to just "+On Nov 16, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Bob <Bob@hotmail.com> wrote:+"

This is what the BB (and other mail programs) would show when replying/forwarding:

+From: Bob <Bob@hotmail.com>+
+Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:27 AM+
+To: James+
+Cc: Andy; Joe+
+Subject: Why has my email header disappeared?+

I find the lack of To and Cc names is especially annoying, since that's quite useful to have documented.

Any thoughts?

Secondly, for my work email, I'm being switched to Microsoft Exchange, and I'll sync that email account using ActiveSync. Do you know if for that account at least it will save the header info when replying?

Thank you for the help!

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 12:53 PM

12 replies

Feb 2, 2011 7:48 PM in response to Lotus9999

I find the lack of To and Cc names is especially annoying, since that's quite useful to have documented.

Likewise, and it has annoyed me as well. Doesn't read as very professional.

Secondly, for my work email, I'm being switched to Microsoft Exchange, and I'll sync that email account using ActiveSync. Do you know if for that account at least it will save the header info when replying?

I have the same setup at work once I switched from my BB to an iPhone. The answer is NO. It will continue to annoy you with this setup as well.

Axel F.

Feb 3, 2011 12:43 AM in response to Lotus9999

I'm very sorry Lotus9999,

You have opted to drop a PROFESSIONAL phone like BB and start using a "fun" phone... No way iPhone is ready to be a professional phone like BB. If you intend to have fun with iPhone, that's fine. But if you want to manage emails in a professional way, you will have two options:

1 - pray that Apple realizes it should address this problem and add it as an option.
2 - just quit knowing that Apple does not like to add "settings" in order to keep it the simplest phone on earth.

Do you know that sometimes I just write the header myself?? Swear it's true...

Please view my post about replying / composing emails (forcing plain text). That's another thing BB would do quite good and iPhone doesn't.

Good luck!

Cheers

Jan 16, 2013 11:51 PM in response to ChrisMac44

Don't you get it?

NO there is NOT option for that.

why?

The IOS does NOT a professional software. it designed for the common people. 99.5% of the people that poses an iphone wouldn't even understand what you talking about here.

Thus, why to develop a feature that only 0.5% of the people will not what is it. And moreever, will be used only by 0.1% of the people, that are using IOS.

It's not a blackberry, it's an Iphone, deal with it.

you are, the people in that replaying to this thread, are minorities in Apple's products.

I'm sorry, it's hard fact, but it's allso the true one...

Please' close this shi**y thred.

P.S

Yes, my english is bad and i know it, deal with that also. 🙂

Jun 25, 2016 3:57 AM in response to baodieu

While there is no fix yet,you can use web-based mail when you need the header occasionally. I also hope that Apple gives iOS the capability to display headers on email, perhaps in a menu presented after a click-and-hold on a message body.

As for the the Blackberry trolling by LuisadasTwin and asafn, just ignore it. They are both probably using iPhones or Android phones by now. Blackberry is all but dead, having been routed in the business, government, and consumer sectors by much more capable iPhones. Their stock is worth 1/20th what it was 8 years ago and they took a $1billion loss on their unsold flagship Z10 phones.

Any way you can get the full header of an email to show when replying?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.