Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I record video with MacMini?

I have a Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro for Mac that works great for iChat, Skype, and Photo Booth. I can't create video with it. I tried iMovie '09 but it does recognize the webcam. I can record video with Photobooth but there is no sound (btw, the sound input is set for the webcam). I've seen recos for Quicktime Pro but then I read that it may require a firewire connection for cam. The Logitech only comes with USB. Do I have options?

If there is no fix why does Mac reco this expensive webcam if it has limited function?

MacMini Intel, iPod Touch Gen2, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 3:57 PM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2010 4:14 PM in response to raynan

Actually, I don't know what happened, but Photo Booth will record video-image and sound! The quality looks very good! And you can import the video into iMovie. Just make sure you settings are right. System Preferences Sound input from webcam and video input set from iChat preferences.

Message was edited by: raynan

How do I record video with MacMini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.