5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2010 11:00 AM by Tohu
Tohu Level 1 (90 points)
Hi.
Front Row works as it should except for playing theatrical trailers. It says "Your computer is not connected to the internet." But my internet connection is fine. I also installed the system on a separate volume to make shure it isn't a problem coming from an update, setting or other applications. But it shows me the same error message.

I have another Macintosh with 10.5.8 and on this machine Front Row plays the trailers. So i think my internet connection is fine.

Mac Pro Quad Mid 2010
Mac OS 10.6.5

Mac OS X (10.6.5), Allways got the latest updates installed.
  • baltwo Level 9 (62,215 points)
    Works here. Move these preference files from your Preferences folder onto the Desktop, com.apple.frontrow.plist and com.apple.internetconfigpriv.plist, log out and back in, and try Front Row again.
  • Tohu Level 1 (90 points)
    Hi.
    As i said, i installed a new copy of the system and tested it with this fresh installation. And it didn't work. So i ruled out that the problem is caused by corrupted plist files.

But i'm optimist and gave your tips a try. Well what should i say. It didn't work.

I appreciate another proposals.
  • baltwo Level 9 (62,215 points)
    Then, I suggest a call to AppleCare, since it might be an issue with your ISP or EU regulations. Good luck.
    That's n idea. But do you think it really could caused by my ISP? Because my other Mac with older Mac OS didn't have that problem and it's the same internet connection.
    An Apple Tec referenced me to this support article.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1357
    This solved the problem. But for my Mac, there was a small difference to this article. I had to set both ethernet ports to dhcp to get Front Row working.