Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to change the order of the mail boxes in the email app?

In most apps on the touch (RSS reader, Awesome Note as examples off the top of my head) changing the order of folders and what-not, is just a matter of hitting the edit button and dragging stuff into the order you want.

In the mail app though (the native, apple one that is) it doesn't seem to give this option - or at least I can't find it. When a new email account is added, it dumps it way at the bottom of the list. I have a heap of email accounts I keep an eye on - work (multiple), personal (a couple), etc. The only way to re-order them it would seem is to re-enter/re-create them all. I can't be bothered with that, but surely their is some simple way to re-organise them, as is offered in other apps?

iPod Touch 2nd Gen, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 2:27 PM

2 replies

Is there any way to change the order of the mail boxes in the email app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.