Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to initialize OpenGL. Make sure Video Desktop is diasbaled.

Hi,
I have this problem when i open colors; and yes i have checked all the thread before posting here. My problem is that i have 27" iMac running OS 10.6.4 it has a different video caard. It has an ATI Radeon HD 4850 GPU 512 MB. When i looked the threads they were only talking about Kona and Black video cards. Any help will be apprecaited.

Thanks
-Doug

IMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2.8 Ghz Intel core i7 8 GB DDR3 ram ATI Radeon 4850 512 MB

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 3:26 PM

1 reply

Nov 18, 2010 8:48 AM in response to Doug470

Typically the GL failure to launch is as a result of attempting to run two GPUs simultaneously in a system.

I don't know if the GPU you quoted is an "on-board" graphics implementation. If it was, that would be a problem as COLOR is incompatible with motherboard-integrated displays. Otherwise, users were attempting to run the desktop out to the Video (Kona/Blackmagic) interface which would cause the failure. The remedy in that case is to select "black" as the output of the Video card, not "desktop".

jPo

Unable to initialize OpenGL. Make sure Video Desktop is diasbaled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.