Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

compressor 2.3 - unknown status in hist window - where is the partial file?

My lower memory slot failed again recently and so I am having performance issues. I was trying to compress a 4 minute HD video for Vimeo and it was taking more than 10 days to process! In any event, our power went out today and so my computer shut down while I was compressing the file (I was at a little over 60%!) When I restarted the computer and opened compressor and batch monitor back up, the batch had simply vanished! The destination for the file was my desktop and I searched around but cannot find it anywhere. I really don't want to have to start the whole process over again and so I was wondering if anyone here could tell me where I can find the batch that was in process. In the compressor history the status of the file reads simply 'unknown'

PB15 1.67GHz/2GB, AEBS,4GB iPod,G-Raid 320GB (FW800)HD, Mac OS X (10.4.11), writing from an external Lacie drive

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 3:03 PM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2010 10:28 AM in response to Jon Chappell

Thanks for your response. It is certainly disappointing to hear that the batch cannot be resumed. I think I did have frame controls on as I was using the de-interlace filter as well as sizing the video as recommended on the Vimeo website. I also have Handbrake...I may try to use that program instead. That is, after I visit my local Apple Store to discuss the repair of my logic board.

Thank you again!

compressor 2.3 - unknown status in hist window - where is the partial file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.