Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain won't remember passwords

after upgrading to SL the keychain no longer wants to remember any passwords.

this is effecting ALL passwords, both online and off. The ones already in the keychain do not work anymore.
Any assistance is much appreciated
Thanks

mac book pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 4G ram, dual proc233

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 11:20 AM

Correction
Some passwords are remembered others not. example: in mail when I try to re-add a password for a mailbox save and save as (in file) are grayed out. when clicking on save when exiting it does not save.

Some internet passwords did not work in safari but worked in Firefox.
Any ideas???????
12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2010 11:20 AM in response to hanne333

Correction
Some passwords are remembered others not. example: in mail when I try to re-add a password for a mailbox save and save as (in file) are grayed out. when clicking on save when exiting it does not save.

Some internet passwords did not work in safari but worked in Firefox.
Any ideas???????

Nov 19, 2010 1:58 PM in response to hanne333

am really disappointed in the inability to solve problems by your staff

LOL, After waiting less than three hours? Pay us the minimum wage, at least.

Wrote this five minutes ago on the other board:

Any backup? *Tried Keychain First Aid?* Firefox passwords are in signons.sqlite and key.db. Don't know about Safari. Which Mail? If Mail.app, only passwords I know about are in Mail>Preferences>Accounts. Do you mean those? I think we need more information. How did you do the upgrade? Did you install over something or Migrate?

Nov 19, 2010 10:37 PM in response to WZZZ

yep I became impatient ;-D after 3 tries, and Apple support seemingly having no idea, 5 calls worth. I guess I got a bit hot under the collar.
My apologies to you all here, I made an incorrect assumption that you worked for Apple 🙂

PS I had posted the same question (in too many words, on November 9th and did NOT receive a single reply. Another reason for my impatience!!!!

Keychain won't remember passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.