Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found a bug in Mail 4.4

I was checking the options at the bottom right of the screen and then a prompt to enter my account password popped up. I could only select "ok" to the prompt and could not type anything into the password query. I had to select "ok" without a password and quickly select something on the menu to relieve the ability to type in a password when it popped back up. For better illustration of this issue, please see the screen shot I made of Mail.app when this problem occurred.
[http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7/screenshotvod.jpg]

Macbook Pro 4,1, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 9:56 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2010 11:57 AM in response to bamadoc7

If you want to report this issue to Apple's engineering, send a bug report or an enhancement request via its Bug Reporter system. To do this, join the Mac Developer Program—it's free and available for all Mac users and gets you a look at some development software. Since you already have an Apple username/ID, use that. Once a member, go to Apple BugReporter and file your bug report or enhancement request. The nice thing with this procedure is that you get a response and a follow-up number; thus, starting a dialog with engineering.

Nov 19, 2010 12:29 PM in response to bamadoc7

Hi

+"I was checking the options at the bottom right of the screen . . ."+

I was slightly confused at first as to where you actually meant until I looked at the screen grab. In the screen grab it looks like you selected the "Archive Mailbox" option and then you got the prompt. Is this correct? If this is indeed what you did then I doubt if you've found a "bug" as I regularly do the same thing and I don't see what you see. I get what I'd expect to get. Namely a Save dialog box offering me a location to save the mailbox to.

Tony

Found a bug in Mail 4.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.