Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just upgraded to new ical at mobileme. Now I am wondering....

Before the upgrade, when ever I entered a new event/appointment on my mac's iCal, it would then show up at mobileme and push to my ipod touch. Now, after the upgrade, on my mac at home, I have "On My Mac" in the left window pane of iCal, and name@me.com, below that. Now, when I create a new event within "On My Mac", it no longer pushes to mobileme, or my ipod touch. This is new to me. Is this the way things operate now? I like the old way better. Now I have to make sure that I select "name@me.com" on iCal, for it to push to mobileme and the ipod touch, when entering a new event/appointment.

Macbook Pro 13" 2.26ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 20, 2010 5:51 PM

7 replies

Nov 20, 2010 6:58 PM in response to Thomas B. Robison

I've been using MobileMe since it began and that calendar syncs automatically with my iPhone but I cannot get it to sync with my MacBook Pro. My iCal is empty and I would like to transfer my MobileMe Calendar to my MacBook Pro.

I've gone to Preferences and selected MobileMe and even made sure the arrow is pointing the correct way from MobileMe to the Computer. But the error message I get is that the data is inconsistent and it won't transfer.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,
Linda

Dec 8, 2010 8:21 PM in response to Thomas B. Robison

Was having the same problem with a client's set up: her computers would have calendars in "On My Mac" and would sync w/each other only. Her iPad would sync w/MobileMe calendar only.

This support document was the key to figuring out what to do:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4340

Basically, you need to get the "On My Mac" calendar events into the MobileMe calendars.

Dec 9, 2010 3:16 AM in response to Thomas B. Robison

Yes, I think I liked the old way better, too. I also use iCal on a computer and use MobileMe to push the data to my iPhone. I guess the idea is that I now just disable all the "ON MY MAC" (why are they yelling at us?) calendars and use the corresponding "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" ones.

This is confusing. Beyond that, it also doesn't work at the moment because the newly-created "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" calendars don't contain all the events that are in the "ON MY MAC" ones. How do I get all the data from the "ON MY MAC" calendars to the "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" ones?

Then I just ignore my original "ON MY MAC" calendars, right? Or am I more confused than I thought?

Thanks in advance,
Steve = : ^ )

Dec 9, 2010 4:00 AM in response to Community User

Just to make my situation clear:
I accepted Apple's invitation to visit MobileMe and update my calendar. When I next started iCal, duplicate calendars were created in the left hand pane under "NAME@MOBILEME.COM". I didn't notice this at first but, as the new calendars were enabled, I did notice that all my events had been duplicated!

Now I knew this had happened in the past in iCal/MobileMe and I put it down to the upgrade process, so I diligently went through my calendars weeding out what I thought were the duplicates. Inevitably, I deleted some events from the "ON MY MAC" calendars and some from the "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" ones.

Meanwhile, MobileMe is syncing the deletions I'm making from the "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" calendars with the data on the MobileMe server. I eventually noticed the duplicate set of calendars and that this was the cause of the duplicate events.

Thank to Time Machine, I was able to go back to earlier today and restore my calendars. This got the "ONE MY MAC" calendars back to where they were but, when iCal again created the "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" calendars, it went to the MobileMe server to get the data and this data now doesn't contain all the events I deleted earlier as described above.

So now I have a full set of data in my "ON MY MAC" calendars which no longer sync with the MobileMe server, and a partial set of data in my "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" calendars which do sync with the server and which have been pushed to my iPhone.

How do I get a full set of data onto the server and into my iPhone please?

Thanks in advance,

Dec 9, 2010 4:43 AM in response to Community User

_*>> MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN UP-TO-DATE BACK UP OF EVERYTHING FIRST <<*_

Steve, if your "On My Mac" calendars are up-to-date and accurately show ALL your events and your MobileMe calendars merely contain duplicates of all or some of your events, this is what you do (if your "On My Mac" calendars are NOT up-to-date and accurate, let me know):

1) delete any calendars you have under "NAME@MOBILEME.COM", you may not be able to delete one of them at this time so just rename it to something like "trashMeLater", we will deal with this one starting in step 7 below...

2) create new calendars under "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" (it's ok to reproduce the names of the calendars currently under "On My Mac")

3) One at a time, click on each calendar under "On My Mac" and go to File > Export... > Export... (do NOT choose File > Export... iCal Archive...) and save each calendar on your Desktop

4) One at a time, click on each calendar under "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" that corresponds to the calendars you just exported and go to File > Import... > Import... and choose the calendar you just exported.

5) At this time, iCal will look pretty messy due to all the duplicate event entries. Not to worry.

6) Delete all of the calendars in "On My Mac"

7) If you had one "old" calendar under "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" that you could not delete before, move it to the bottom of the list of calendars there then on your mobile device (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad if you are using one of these) and choose a different calendar to be the default calendar for new events

8) Sync all devices then delete the extra calendar (named "trashMeLater in step 1)

This is pretty much a rehash of what is in the support document I linked to.

That's it.

Dec 9, 2010 5:44 PM in response to rusto

Thanks. That was completely logical and exactly what was needed.

However, I just got an error that says:

The server responded:
“HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden”
to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation.

re an event in the "NAME@MOBILEME.COM" calendar what I've just created and into which I've imported events from an exported "ON MY MAC" calendar. Do you know what this means?

Thanks again,

Just upgraded to new ical at mobileme. Now I am wondering....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.