Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't reorder songs in a playlist.

If I try to manually move a song in a Playlist to a new position in the list it can't be moved. Any suggestions? Thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 20, 2010 7:15 PM

17 replies

Dec 31, 2016 9:54 PM in response to Chris CA

I'm at a total loss to understand how this relates to my comment which works every time when I have confronted one of my playlists which is not categorized as I indicated. Generally, I have this problem rarely so I suspect the default position, when establishing a list is properly indexed do that reordering works beautifully.

Are you, by any chance, a moderator for the Adobe Photoshop Community?

Jan 1, 2017 7:18 PM in response to Chris CA

My dear Sir:

This thread has been maintained in continuity. What is most important is content rather than time. The person who posted, asked a valid question which still may concern some people using iTunes in the current version.

My comment may prove helpful to those people who mat encounter this same perplexing point in the most contemporaneous version, and as such it would be valued.

BTW, Leopards do not change their spots!

Dec 30, 2016 9:40 AM in response to n m u

The reason why you can't reorder in a specific playlist while in others you can is related to the way you have that playlist categorized in the VIEW heading in the menu. You might not have set it up the wrong way, as it, for whatever constellation of reasons, it is miscategorized in terms of sorting parameters.

Go to Menu/SORT BY, and check the first heading "By playlist order". If you have any one of the others, such as "by Album" selected, that trumps the ability to reorder by dragging. Invariably, you will see that in those playlists that you cannot reorder the PLAYLIST category is not selected.

This is by far and a way the most common source of the problem. Give that a shot!

I can't reorder songs in a playlist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.