Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery 100% charged, icon showing red?

So, the strangest thing happened. This morning I used my new MacBook Pro (only had it for just over a week) down to about 28% and decided to charge it for a few hours.

Just now when I opened it up (the light on the cord was green, indicating full charge), the percentage showed 100% but the battery icon was completely red!

It "corrected" itself when I changed the display options to Show -> Icon Only and then switched it back, but since this is a new computer and I didn't find anything when I Googled about it, I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard about anything like this.

I took a screenshot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2394771/Screen%20shot%202010-11-21%20at%202.23.00%20PM.p ng

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 11:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 4:41 AM

I just created an account to comment here. I just had the same thing happen to me this morning. Upon opening the laptop, the battery icon was red, and had 100% charge level.

I calibrate my battery nearly daily.
4 replies

Battery 100% charged, icon showing red?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.