4965 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2010 6:00 AM by Kwopau
This has probably been answered before but I couldn't find it. I spilt beer on my iPhone and now all i get is the logo screen and the "connect to itunes" screen i tried to dry it out with silica gel packets and a blow dryer to no avail. When you get your phone replaced for $199 do you have to give them the damaged one or could I keep it for replacement parts.
As for the blow dryer, using it directly to the phone is such a bad idea.
Anyways, when you do get it replaced, they take the damaged phone, and you only get the new or refurb phone as a replacement. the damaged phone then goes to the repair center, they fix/replace the part that was damaged, and now that becomes refurbs so when someone else comes in to get a replacement, they get your damaged phone (but fixed)