Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPGMail — Gimme a break! How does it FINALY work?

This is a bit annoying that each time I run the Software Update, my GPGMail bundle gets disabled by Mail.app.

I downloaded the GPG bundle from here: https://github.com/lukele/GPGMail-SL/downloads

The last version of the bundle does not work under Mail 4.4

I cannot understand why these guys did not integrate GPG support or facilitate third party software...

Please, advice!

Macbook Pro 13', Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 11:16 PM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2010 12:13 PM in response to Asen

Hi,

This is my first post and I hope I am following satisfactory protocol by responding to this topic, rather than adding a new one.

I can't get this to work either. My first attempt, I thought I was all set, but when I received a friend's email for decryption, found that I could not do so. All GPG related functions, from Mail, were grayed out. In my attempt to work things, I got a bit in the weeds for my competence level.

I think I am back to the status I was at when I got my friend's email. I have my keys generated, imported his public key, and have the same set of circumstances. I cannot decrypt his mail and all GPG options, in Mail, are grayed out.

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Tony

Dec 11, 2010 12:41 PM in response to Asen

I'm not familiar with GPGMail, but if it's a Mail plugin, note that Apple has been making some changes to Mail lately that require developers to update their plugins. I'm sure this won't be happening at every software update into the future - otherwise, why even have a plugin architecture? However, for now, you need to look to the developer of GPGMail for an update.

GPGMail — Gimme a break! How does it FINALY work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.