Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb shows blank page after choosing a template?

Hi all, ok I have iWeb and after selecting a template it either shows a black page or a dull grey page, I can create multiple pages and publish them to a local folder, viewing them in either safari or FF is ok and all elements can be seen.

oh and I'm not talking about the site icon, I'm talking about the pages.

I can add widgets, audio, photos etc but I can't see them until I publish the page and open in a browser.

I downloaded rapidweaver trial to see if it did a similar thing but can create and see templates in rapidweaver.

Message was edited by: darkan9el

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 10:52 AM

5 replies

Nov 22, 2010 12:43 PM in response to darkan9el

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. Try the following:

1 - close iWeb.
2 - delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your User/Library/Preferences folder.
3 - go to your User/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete the contents.
4 - reboot.
5 - launch iWeb and see if there's any improvement.

If that doesn't help continue:

6 - move the domain file from your User/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
7 - launch iWeb, create a new test site and save.
8 - go to the your User/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
9 - move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.
10 - launch iWeb and try again.

OT

Nov 23, 2010 10:56 AM in response to darkan9el

Log into another user account on your Mac, launch iWeb and see if you can choose a theme and page layout and get what you're supposed to get. If not then a reinstall of iWeb might be in order.

To do so you'll have to first delete the current application and all files with "iWeb" in the file name with either a .PKG or .BOM extension that reside in the HD/Library/Receipts folder and the/var/db/receipts/ folder,

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

reinstall iWeb from the disk it came on and reapply the latest updaters.

Nov 27, 2010 2:14 AM in response to darkan9el

Hi all, latest news on this iWeb issue, after several attempts to install iWeb, I decided to do a full reinstall of OSX. After the reinstall of OSX I immediately put iWeb on and it worked. templates came up striaght a way and I could choose any page and see the page design and all of the text, shapes, images etc. Maybe the OSX just didn't install something right or got corrupted, any way I'm a happy bunny again.

I think; but I'm not sure, that my card didn't have Quartz Extreme (QE) enabled and possibly Core Image. I can vaguely remember the top bar being solid and not translucent.

I'm not sure if the 10.6.5 update knocked QE and CI out of whack so at the moment I'm staying with 10.6.3 I'll make a time machine backup later and maybe have a go at updating to see what happens.

I know I have QE and CI because iMovie works and that requires QE.

Thank you for all your assistance and I've learned a few tricks if I get iWeb issues.

* I consider this problem solved *

Message was edited by: darkan9el

iWeb shows blank page after choosing a template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.