Skip navigation

ios 4.2 question

1261 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2010 3:19 PM by Solar71 RSS
Solar71 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 22, 2010 12:42 PM
Does anyone that downloaded 4.2 know if the Auto brightness / light senser
bug has been fixed ?

Can someone please try it out and let me know... I would really like to use the auto brightness feature.

Adjusting the brightness manualy over and over again is getting really old.

Thanks
PC
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (122,145 points)
    Nov 22, 2010 1:03 PM (in response to Solar71)
    I don't have this bug and I have not seen a number of posts and threads here reporting the same.

Apple doesn't list every single bug that is addressed with a particular update and this is certainly not a problem experienced by everyone. If not listed, this obviously is not a major issue and just because it is not listed does not mean it wasn't addressed for those with the problem.

Since this wasn't listed, don't install it, or install it to see if it resolves the problem for you.
     MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo/2.53GHz/4GB RAM/500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.5),  iPod w/Video 30GB,  iPhone 4 32GB
  • Bryann Calculating status...
    Nov 22, 2010 2:47 PM (in response to Solar71)
    Don't know if that is a bug because none of my iPhones have gone from bright to darker on their own. I've always had to put them to sleep then reawoken them to get the screen to darken.
    MacBook Pro 17, iP4 16gb, Mac OS X (10.6.5)
  • justalii Calculating status...
    Nov 22, 2010 2:52 PM (in response to Bryann)
    I have my phone set on 50% brightness & auto. If I'm in a pitch black room, the lock screen will be full brightness, but then once the phone is unlocked the brightness drops way down. Seems to work pretty good in most circumstances.
    macbook 13" unibody, Mac OS X (10.6.5)
  • Bryann Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Nov 22, 2010 2:57 PM (in response to justalii)
    I think He's talking about when you come from outside on a bright sunny day into a dark room the phone should darken without putting it to sleep and then waking it up again. My iPhones have always worked the the way you have described.
    MacBook Pro 17, iP4 16gb, Mac OS X (10.6.5)
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (122,145 points)
    Nov 22, 2010 2:58 PM (in response to Solar71)
    No I have not. Give me links to all the many threads here reporting this problem.

If many, many people have this problem, prove it.

If your iPhone has a hardware problem and remains under warranty and you haven't done anything to void the warranty, your iPhone will be exchanged under warranty.
     MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core 2 Duo/2.53GHz/4GB RAM/500GB HD, Mac OS X (10.6.5),  iPod w/Video 30GB,  iPhone 4 32GB

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.