Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 4.2 question

Does anyone that downloaded 4.2 know if the Auto brightness / light senser
bug has been fixed ?

Can someone please try it out and let me know... I would really like to use the auto brightness feature.

Adjusting the brightness manualy over and over again is getting really old.

Thanks

PC

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:42 PM

8 replies

Nov 22, 2010 1:03 PM in response to Solar71

I don't have this bug and I have not seen a number of posts and threads here reporting the same.

Apple doesn't list every single bug that is addressed with a particular update and this is certainly not a problem experienced by everyone. If not listed, this obviously is not a major issue and just because it is not listed does not mean it wasn't addressed for those with the problem.

Since this wasn't listed, don't install it, or install it to see if it resolves the problem for you.

Nov 22, 2010 1:54 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Yes you have seen it posted many times...
No offense intended...
Many many many people have this problem...
Auto brightnes makes screen brighter when needed, but them will NOT
darken when needed, untill phone is put into sleep mode and rewoken...

If this is not a problem then i guess i get a new free phone ?
Does that mean my phone is just defective ?
Because if so, that means thousands of phones are defective.

Ok so i goto an apple store and they will give me a new WORKING phone for free right ?

Ok ill make sure to tell them you said so...

Thanks

Nov 3, 2016 10:24 AM in response to Solar71

Don't know if that is a bug because none of my iPhones have gone from bright to darker on their own. I've always had to put them to sleep then reawoken them to get the screen to darken.

Nov 3, 2016 10:24 AM in response to justalii

I think He's talking about when you come from outside on a bright sunny day into a dark room the phone should darken without putting it to sleep and then waking it up again. My iPhones have always worked the the way you have described.

Nov 22, 2010 3:19 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Allan, please dont get ******. I just get a little irritated with people that DODGE problems, instead of being a bit more honest about it.

Already 2 people repleyed having the same problem Allen.
Seems like ALL iphones have this problem... And for so long that even people like yourself think its normal.

When i come from a BRIGHT place to a DARK place, the phone DOES NOT darken.
It is a DOCUMENTED bug. I am sorry if this hurts you in some way. But we all have to face facts... Apple corp and Steve jobs (or however you spell his name)
Are not all mighty and powerfull gods... They make MANY MANY mistakes and sometimes they preffer to ignore those mistakes instead of fix them.

Do a VERY simple Google search on "Iphone Auto brightness bug" and bask in the glory of 1000's of complaints...

Apple has once again ignored this bug, i wish they would be a bit more proactive about this but alas, they are only greedy little humans.

Oh well
Apple gets an F minus in regards to this problem once again

ios 4.2 question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.