Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy link? on All mac devices

there appears to be no forum appropriate to my specific question, sry

i want to compile a list of the ways by which mac devices can copy and paste an embedded link

i mean links like the one in this screenshot:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/CakesPix/copylink.jpg

i need a list of ways for all mac types because i play an online game where we have to copy links and obviously everyone has a different-type internet portal...some folks are on macs without two mouse buttons? and some are on laptops with no mouse? idk, i have a Dell but i need a list if y'all can help me. Thank you so much for your time.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:57 PM

Effectively, you're talking about a right-click action, followed by "Copy Link".

1- If you have a right mouse button, you can use that, obviously
2- Ctrl-click with either a mouse or trackpad
3 - Click with two fingers on a trackpad (can be set as an option in Trackpad preferences)

I think that's all.

Matt
4 replies

Feb 13, 2011 9:44 PM in response to Matt Clifton

Matt Clifton wrote:
Effectively, you're talking about a right-click action, followed by "Copy Link".

1- If you have a right mouse button, you can use that, obviously
2- Ctrl-click with either a mouse or trackpad
3 - Click with two fingers on a trackpad (can be set as an option in Trackpad preferences)
I think that's all.
Matt

-------------------------------------------------------
Your answer is not clear to me, but I think you can answer my question. How can I copy a selected portion of a screen that includes test, picture and link, so that when I paste it elsewhere the link remains active?

copy link? on All mac devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.