4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 9:07 AM by Niku
Cakes Downey Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
there appears to be no forum appropriate to my specific question, sry

i want to compile a list of the ways by which mac devices can copy and paste an embedded link

i mean links like the one in this screenshot:
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/CakesPix/copylink.jpg

i need a list of ways for all mac types because i play an online game where we have to copy links and obviously everyone has a different-type internet portal...some folks are on macs without two mouse buttons? and some are on laptops with no mouse? idk, i have a Dell but i need a list if y'all can help me. Thank you so much for your time.
  • Matt Clifton Level 7 Level 7 (29,470 points)
    Effectively, you're talking about a right-click action, followed by "Copy Link".

1- If you have a right mouse button, you can use that, obviously
    2- Ctrl-click with either a mouse or trackpad
    3 - Click with two fingers on a trackpad (can be set as an option in Trackpad preferences)

I think that's all.

Matt
  • Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
    Matt Clifton wrote:
    Effectively, you're talking about a right-click action, followed by "Copy Link".

1- If you have a right mouse button, you can use that, obviously
    2- Ctrl-click with either a mouse or trackpad
    3 - Click with two fingers on a trackpad (can be set as an option in Trackpad preferences)
    I think that's all.
    Matt

-------------------------------------------------------
    Your answer is not clear to me, but I think you can answer my question. How can I copy a selected portion of a screen that includes test, picture and link, so that when I paste it elsewhere the link remains active?

Not worth pursuing. Case closed.

My mistake. I didn't start this case, so I can't close it. Sorry.