Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 4.2 Update Calender Invites?

Just upgraded to iOS4 on 3GS according to official iOS page updated calender support to include invites in app from gmail, exchange.

Just sent myself 2 invites from gmail and exchange nothing in app just standard email with ICS attachment.

Any ideas?

*Reply to calendar invitations*Reply to event invitations from friends using calendar services like Yahoo!, Google, and Microsoft Exchange — right from the built-in Calendar app.

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:49 PM

14 replies

Nov 22, 2010 8:58 PM in response to adeharding

I'm having the same issue. I have my calendars set up as exchange through google and when I send out calendar invitations I'm unable to accept from the ical app. I also tried to set up my calendars through gmail IMAP, in this case I was able to see the event "grayed out" then I could click on the event and see myself as an attendee, however I was unable to accept. How do you set up google calendars so you can accept in app???

Thanks for the help in advance.

Nov 23, 2010 11:44 AM in response to adeharding

Just reset my iphone, still not working.

On MobileMe account shows invite update from outgoing event in both calendar item and notifications.
On iOS event items shows update from outgoing event but not in notifications

New event from GoogleMail or MS Exchange service to MobileMe account shows nothing in either MobileMe web or iOS. Only receive an email with ICS event which when clicked on in iphone only gives option to add to calendar and adds to a random calendar again even after i have reset default calendar. However after selecting add to calendar it does add item with option to accept/maybe/decline. Seems a bit of the long way round though.

Nov 23, 2010 12:29 PM in response to adeharding

Same thing here. I sent an event invitation from a Gmail calendar to my MobileMe address and tried to open the invitation from my iPhone 4. The message showed up as a standard Gmail invitation with a .ics attachment, which you can now open in the Calendar app, but there is no way to accept, decline or even delete the event once you open it. The author of the invitation is not alerted in anyway.

If this is what Apple calls “accepting event invitations from services like Google,” then I feel I’ve been lied to. The only difference iOS 4.2 brings is that now you can open invitations directly in the calendar app.

But maybe I have been doing something wrong. Any idea?

Nov 24, 2010 2:21 AM in response to Eseifan 75005

i have tried the gmail account and gmail through exchange. still no invites. get email from gmail with attached ics. file which i cannot open. i have my son's gmail calendar on my phone too which needs to use exchange to see it! i have no optionto use gmail only. also exchange syncs my contacts too. This update was supposed to help enterprise and business??? dont think so

Nov 25, 2010 9:32 AM in response to stevemorales

Seems to be working for me.

Create event in Gcal.
Add Guest (myemail@me.com)
Save/Send Invites.
Hum jeopardy theme
Check Mail on iPhone (mine's 3gs)
See invite, touch to open email
Scroll to "invite.ics"
Event Details opens, scroll to bottom for "Add to Calendar"
List of Calendars appears, i select the ones listed on Mac.com (curious why it's not mobileme?)
Done, back to message, back to Inbox, delete email.

(FYI, in the meantime, I received at gmail a notice that i have tentatively accepted.)

Switch to iCal on iPhone

I can see my event, in greyed out. Select it. See Event Details, at the bottom is Accept, Maybe, or Decline. Pick your poison.

Nov 25, 2010 12:18 PM in response to ssalt

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately, we use Outlook as a primary calendar application @ Work. I’m able to accept invitations on a snap with my blackberry, but with my iPhone it’s a completely different story. I really don’t understand what the huge deal is. I can accept or Decline Outlook invitations just fine on my mac using iCal. I thought the iPhone was running OSX as well. Or Maybe, just maybe, outlook is the new adobe flash?

Nov 26, 2010 1:31 PM in response to adeharding

Hi

I'm having the same issue - I create an event in my iphone calendar and add myself at my work email as an invitee, but the invitation gets sent to the mobileme address that I use for Find My iPhone, and never arrives at my work address. The email text refers to my work account, but isn't being sent there.

Looks like an iOs4.2 issue as I think it was ok on 4.1

Andy

Nov 26, 2010 1:56 PM in response to adeharding

I can't accept invites made in iCal on another Mac, much less from a third party calendar application!

My iPhone 3G shows the ics link, which opens to an event with details - but there are no buttons on that screen to accept or decline etc.

Also I note that - despite the calendar notification being set to on in General Settings, I get no notification whatsoever if a new iCal event is emailed to me.

Message was edited by: KiwiMac

Nov 27, 2010 2:21 AM in response to andytf

UPDATE

This isn't an iOs problem - it's Google Calendar.

The email address that I was inviting is also the backup address for a Google email account, and it seems that Google takes the invitation, recognises that it's being sent to an address that is a back up address for a Gmail account, and re-directs the invitation to the primary address instead.

Rubbish!

Andy

Dec 1, 2010 12:35 AM in response to andytf

The issue is just not with Google calendar. Yahoo Calendar invites also do not appear as expected.

I have a support call with Apple Care level 2 support (for over a week now) and they seem to not only not know what's going on, but they weren't even aware of the new 4.2 feature. (i've had to explain it over 6 times now with the various calls with Apple Care - only one operator was aware of the new feature and how it was supposed to work!!! I actually had to refer the L2 operator to the built in iPhone user guide so they can read how it's supposed to work........ Now waiting to see what they will come back with.......

iOS 4.2 Update Calender Invites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.