Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint?

so it only HP wireless printers, with keyword being wireless.

Then my Lexmark 544 laser printer connected via ethternet to a MacPro which is connected to a time machine will not allow me to print from my iPad or iPhone?

I hope Apple is working on this.....

MacPro, Intel iMac, MacBookPro, Apple TV,iPhone3G s, iPod, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Airport wireless, iPhone 6/29, Mac user since 2/84

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 2:16 PM

6 replies

Nov 22, 2010 2:20 PM in response to Gary Tate

Apple was working on printing to USB-connected printers, but the feature was pulled out of the late beta releases of 10.6.5 for some unannounced reason. So clearly Apple had it mind, but couldn't for some reason implement it in this release. For now, Printopia might be worth a look:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/

Regards.

Disclaimer: any product suggestion and link given is strictly for reference and represents my opinion only. No warranties express or implied. I get no personal benefit from the sale of any product I may recommend in any of my posts in the Discussions. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. You must be this tall to ride. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Preservatives added to improve freshness. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Nov 23, 2010 1:02 PM in response to spiritwind10

I second that, Air Print is a complete waste of time. I can not believe OS 10.6.5 can not replicate a HP printer and offer air print to any installed printer. Even if it was just the most basic functions.

I hear it was pulled from a beta version, so I hope thats just because it was buggy and not for some deal apple has with HP.

Other than multitasking the update is rubbish.

AirPrint?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.