Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to New 4. OS. iPad locked

Connected my iPad to my computer. It stated there was a new OS Upgrade. I initiated the upgrade. Came back and my computer said Ok to disconnect. I disconnected and opened my iPad and there was the apple logo and a progress line that was almost to the end. Now the iPad seems locked up and I am unable to complete the upgrade.
Suggestions, recommendations, sympathies, donations, prayers, jokes, etc???
Greg

Ipad, iOS 4, None

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 3:51 PM

11 replies

Nov 22, 2010 3:54 PM in response to Greg Good

I tried to update iOS which broken my iPad. Nothing works!!! If I connect iPad with Macbook, iTunes starts and try to make the recovery. The update process bar in iTunes shows something like 95%, my iPad shows something like 60% done. Both process bars stops and after 1 hour nothing happens. I can't use backups too!!

Nov 22, 2010 8:41 PM in response to Greg Good

I had exactly the same experience while upgrading my iPad tonight. Based on some of the remarks in this thread, I decided to be patient and wait to see what would happen if I simply left the iPad alone with the almost complete progress bar displayed. Sure enough, after while, the progress bar suddenly disappeared and my iPad sprang to life. iOS 4.2.1 appears to be working as advertised. That said, Apple should have made it obvious that the iPad is not locked up while the new OS installation is underway.

Upgraded to New 4. OS. iPad locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.