Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get the switch back to LOCK mode

Ok, I hate that Mute thing, I want my Lock screen back...how do I do that?

I have several apps, that are sentive for rotating screen, so I used that button.
also when I am on a bumpy road... the darn screen keeps flipping on me..

HELP

Ipad 64Gb Win7 64bits, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 4:04 PM

76 replies

Nov 22, 2010 4:06 PM in response to pka4916

See if you still have a copy of the last update, 3.2.2 on your computer, it is the only way to get the lock screen button back, but no guarantee going backwards will work. Plus you will lose folders, multitasking, Airprint, Airplay, etc.

You do know that if you double-click the Home button and slide to the left there is a lock screen button?

Nov 22, 2010 4:26 PM in response to pka4916

Well, I use it a lot..
didn't tried it yet, since it's still installing everything, but i sure hope
it stays and don't need to repeat that for every program i want to use.
then yes... it will be a pain..
since it's all done by software, I am sure if there are more people out there, that there will be an app out there, that will reverse it..

Nov 22, 2010 4:57 PM in response to pka4916

pka4916 wrote:
... but i sure hope
it stays and don't need to repeat that for every program i want to use.
then yes... it will be a pain..

Do you mean if it only works for one app? No, it's for the entire device and stays in the same orientation until it is unlocked. It works the same way, just moved a different location.

(however, SOME apps, don't follow the orientation lock, regardless. That's a developer issue, and not an OS issue.)

How to get the switch back to LOCK mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.