Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I never receive the verification email for activating free mobileme

As the subject says, I'm trying to set up the free mobileme for the find my phone feature on my iphone 4 running ios 4.2.1. I've never gotten any verification emails though, no matter how many times I've pressed the Resend Verification Email button, and getting confirmation that it's being sent. I've checked my spam trap, nothing. Checked the email settings, good as always - getting all other emails. I get email regularly from apple from this same apple account email address, so I know it works otherwise.

Are they just slammed with similar requests, and I just need to wait, or are other people getting this with no problem?

black macbook(2007), iphone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 7:44 PM

13 replies

Nov 23, 2010 7:36 AM in response to sduck409

You folks who are getting emails have a whole different problem than I was, and I hope you find a solution.

I did find a solution to my situation, and as usual it was found by looking at where I was probably being stupid.

My apple ID was a one word contraction of the front of my email address. The free mobileme thing requires an apple ID in the form of an email. So when the sign in procedure told me that it needed to be in the form of an email, I just entered my correct email, but didn't realize that I was signing in to an old inactive apple ID I'd ditched a few years ago.

So what I ended up doing was going to the appleid.apple.com website, signing in to my one word apple ID account, and change the apple ID to a new one, in the form of an email, but a different one than the inactive account. It doesn't have to be a real email address, as long as you have a real one listed. Then it's just a matter of signing out of the old one on your phone and itunes, and signing in with the new id, and everything worked.

Nov 23, 2010 7:53 AM in response to sduck409

You can change your Apple ID so it is the same as your email address. Seems that is the only fix for now.

Go here: https://appleid.apple.com/en_US/signin.

Once you sign in, you will see this option: "Make your Apple ID and primary email address one and the same."

At that point you can change your Apple ID to be the same as your email address. Then you can activate the free Find My iPhone app.

Bummer, though, because I like my old Apple ID!

Nov 25, 2010 7:49 AM in response to sduck409

Solved!

Go to appleid.apple.com and login

My issue was that under "email" my account was not verified. I clicked Edit, and entered my email in twice, and it said verified with a satisfying green check/tick.

On the iPad, I then deleted MobileMe account in settings, and then set it up all over again. This time it worked immediately, and I didn't have to request a verification email. It works and it's pretty cool sending your device messages whilst someone else is using it 🙂

Hope this helps.

Oct 21, 2011 12:21 PM in response to sduck409

Recently with upgrade to OS 5 and registering for iClould verification request. As I previously had set up separate iChat/AppleID account with the same primary email address I was unavble to get another verification email sent for iTunes store Apple ID.

Work round involved going to http://appleid.apple.com

Manage account of one Apple ID (the one not used for iTunes account) and change primary email address, this will need to be verified.

Then going to iTunes store it will ask for verification of the other Apple ID account . Pop up will then enable you to send verification email, previously greyed out. When email received verification complete, access to iTunes store returns to normal.

Oct 21, 2011 10:06 PM in response to grant250

I was forced by iTunes to change my Apple ID password a couple of months ago. Since then I have been trying to find a way to receive the verification email to no avail.

Today, I did manage to change the email destination to my home email instead of hotmail, but have still not received anything.

I try to access https://appleid.apple.com in Firefox only to be led to a page that says "No instance available". No luck with IE or Safari either.

I downloaded OS5 for my iPod touch, but cannot activate an iCloud ID since I cannot sign in to my Apple ID to begin with.

I've tried to sign in via iTunes as well as the App Store and the Apple Store but nothing seems to work.

I'm at my wits end and am about a hair's breadth away from doing violence to my MacBook Pro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 4, 2011 3:33 AM in response to sduck409

I have tried everything suggested to reset my apple ID linked to my hotmail. NOTHING works. I've even gone so far as to delete every blocked sender I have, but the reset emails supposedly sent by Apple to my hotmail never arrive. I can't update my iTunes apps, nor can I update any apps on my MacBook Pro.

I've just about had it. Looks like I'm going to have to delete about 60 apps since I can't update them and start from scratch!

I AM LIVID!

I never receive the verification email for activating free mobileme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.