Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new users and aliases mail not working

Hi. I have created new users and added aliases to existing users and none of their email works. Email addresses to them gets immediately sent to admin. Webmail can not log into them. Have upgraded 10.6.5 - latest build - no change. Any suggestions. How does one rebuild the database? Any help greatly appreciated

xserve 2.26 quad, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Server

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 8:28 PM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2010 7:05 PM in response to LordLobby

Hi. Thanks for your thoughts However that is not how I have experienced it. I have vern as my name, vernd as my first shortname on the first tab, v.dempster as the second and ictadmin as the third. Mail has always delivered to vern, vernd,v.dempster but will not deliver to the ictadmin name I recently put in. All except ictadmin have been there since before 10.6. ictadmin I added last week as I am trying to set up a new accounts@mah... email. I cannot get accounts as a short name or accounts as a new user to work. There seems to be some problem with 10.6 and new users and email. It is the same as the open directory problem that I have reported six months ago that crashes afp regularly and has still not been fixed.

Dec 19, 2010 12:19 PM in response to Vern Dempster

I finally discovered the problem. Mail is on my Open directory replica and I discovered that the replica had not been updated since the 24th November for some reason so I reset it up as an opendirectory replica and suddenly my accounts email started working. I always test a new user by connecting the user to the OD master but this time I tried the OD replica and it wouldnt work. weird. Oh well - another one to experience. Thanks

new users and aliases mail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.