Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple calendars from my GMail account?

Hello,

I have a GMail account with multiple calendars. On iOS 4.1 on my iPhone, I have set up my GMail account as an Exchange account. In the Calendar app on my iPhone, I can correctly see all these calendars, but on iOS 4.2 on my iPad, I can only see the main calendar.

Is there anything I still have to configure to also see my other calendars?

Ringo

Mac Pro Quad 2GHz, MacBook Pro 2.5GHz, Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPhone 3G OS 4.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 4:16 AM

8 replies

Apr 27, 2017 2:47 AM in response to Ringo De Smet

I was struggling a bit with this myself yesterday as I was trying to set up multiple Gmail calendars to my new iPad.

Two things that resolved my issues

1) in m.google.com/sync remember to change the language to English so that you can select the device you want to modify, and select the calendars you want to sync with your iPad.

2) When setting up a Gmail mail account to your iPad, use the option Gmail in the settings, but select only Mail/Notes but NOT Calendar.

After setting up your Gmail Mail, then create a separate account for your Gmail Calendar using the Microsoft Exchange setting (instead of Gmail). Leave the Domain section empty and for Server set m.google.com, and select only the Calendar and Contacts option.

Hopefully that will solve your problems.

Nov 23, 2010 7:03 AM in response to Ringo De Smet

I have the same problem.
Everything works ok on my iPhone 4 and I can see mobileme & gmail calendars but on my iPad I can only see the mobileme entries.

The calendar looks like its syncing if I just choose google calendars as I get the swirly icon up by the wifi signal but it goes around and around and nothing appears.

I have also noticed the iPad crashes and hangs when I choose the calendar app or the settings

Nov 23, 2010 11:00 AM in response to Ringo De Smet

My gmail exchange shows multiple calendars on 4.2 ok.

Try opening you safari browser on iPad and go to m.google.com/calendar and sign in.
Then click on 'settings'

Check that all of your gmail calendars are selected.

If this doesn't work, when you open iCal and select 'Calendars' from the menu bar, do you have all of your gmail calendars selected?

Nov 24, 2010 8:24 AM in response to crumpethead

crumpethead wrote:
If this doesn't work, when you open iCal and select 'Calendars' from the menu bar, do you have all of your gmail calendars selected?

Now this is the problem: that Calendars list only shows one calendar, although I have three in my GMail account. And if they are not shown, I can't select them!

And yes, in the mobile web interface (m.google.com), all calendars are selected.

Nov 24, 2010 11:25 AM in response to Ringo De Smet

I am doing this now with 4 calendars from Google, the default and 3 custom ones. This is what did it for me; http://www.ideaexcursion.com/2009/06/17/howto-sync-google-calendar-on-iphone-os- 3-0/

I know it says OS3.0 but this was the only way I could do it as I am using exchange with my corporate email and Ipad only allows one exchange account, works great!

Nov 24, 2010 11:38 PM in response to crumpethead

crumpethead wrote:
From your iPad, go to

m.google.com/sync

From there, check that your calendars for each device are checked to sync. I hope that this should fix it.

If this doesn't fix it, did you have multiple calendars working on your iPad before the upgrade to ios4.2?

When I browse to m.google.com/sync on my iPad, the only thing I get is (translated from Dutch):

"Google Sync is not supported on your device"

However, this is only due to the fact that my account is configured to use Dutch. If I switch my language on Google's mobile site to English, I can configure the calendars to sync just fine.

I hope this can help other users in the future...

Ringo

Multiple calendars from my GMail account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.