Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver no longer inhibited by iTunes visualizer.

I have a strange problem...

Prior to iTunes 10, running the visualizer in full screen mode in OS X would prevent the screensaver from activating. This was great for parties etc, I could leave my lap-top playing with the visualizer running, while people would hand around my iPhone and select tracks from the remote App.

Since updating to iTunes 10, the screensaver cuts in over the visualizer. Although only the screensaver is visible, I have reason to believe the visualizer is still running the in the background, because the screensaver becomes slow and jerky. When the screensaver is interrupted, the visualizer continues to run, minimised to the iTunes window.

Is there some kind of option in iTunes to prevent the screensaver when the visualizer is running? If there is, I can't find it. Or, like Windows, is there an option to inhibit the screensaver when running a full-screen program?

Hope someone can help?

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 4:54 AM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2011 1:28 AM in response to GD_

I spoke to AppleCare about this back in September '10. There are aware this is a glitch. There is no solution to this problem at this time. I've spoken to them about other issues since then, and I've always managed to press them about resolving this issue, but they just haven't come up with one. We'll just have to wait. I understand your frustration. I think it's incredibly annoying too. Keep your fingers crossed.

Screensaver no longer inhibited by iTunes visualizer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.