Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Differences between iPhone 3 and 4

Hi, friends!
Is it any principal differences between iPhone 3 and 4?
I want to buy it, and most of time i used my old telephone with Marks application, buzzer alarm clock, contact book and photocamera.

i really need your help. iPhone 4 in our country very expensive, so.. mobile operators doesn't cut price to subj. with contract.

hope in help. trust in future.

Message was edited by: DenisLam

Message was edited by: DenisLam

3820TG Acer, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 5:25 AM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2010 5:40 AM in response to DenisLam

The difference you will see between the iphone 3G/3G S and the iPhone 4 is quite noticable. Especially the design. AS for the iphone 3G,there is no recently used apps bar (multi-tasking), you can't have a background wallpaper on the homescreen. As for the 3G S, you have both of these features. However, the iphone 4 has the Retina display, which the previous models do not. The iphone 4 has facetime (video calling), which the previous model does not.

The iphone 4 can do HD video recording, has 5.0 MP with flash. I believe the 3G does 2.0? and the 3G S has 3.0 MP to it. No flash on previous models.

Really, you can just go to the iphone section and i'm sure you can compare between the iphone 4 and the 3G S. In US, they do still sell the 3G S model but in 8 GB of storage, each country could be different where they could still sell the 16 GB model or the 32 GB, but very unlikely, unless they have few in stock. iphone 4 comes with either 16 GB or a 32 GB.

As for the pricing, the contract phone in U.S is 199/299, with a no-contract, it will cost 599/699.

Differences between iPhone 3 and 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.