Previous 1 2 Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2010 4:09 AM by Wallabebe Go to original post
  • fracai Level 1 (10 points)
    Try setting Fetch to Manual as suggested here.

    It's probably a glitch where the iOS device is trying to pull down mail for the MobileMe account, but is being denied because only "Find My i*" is enabled.
  • feemcbee Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks, that would make sense. I'll give it a go...
  • Aguaman Level 1 (0 points)
    THAT WORKED! Genius!

    I typed this up to make it a little easier for less technical people...

    After installing the new iPhone 4.2.1 iOS update, and then setting up my new free MobileMe account so that I can take advantage of the new "Find My iPhone" feature, I started to frequently get error message pop-ups on my iPhone. The error message read: "Cannot access [account email address]. Review account information in Settings." After doing some searching, it appears that the free MobileMe account which we set up in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars settings is attempting to check for a MobileMe e-mail (which exists with a regular MobileMe account but does NOT exist for our free accounts). Until Apple sorts things out, the solution is to set the MobileMe account Fetch Data setting on "Manual." This stops the error messages from showing and still allows the MobileMe "Find My iPhone" service to locate our devices. Here are the steps:

    1. Go to Settings,
    2. Scroll down and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    3. Scroll down and select Fetch New Data
    4. Scroll down and select Advanced
    5. Select MobileMe
    6. Select Manual

    Exit out of Settings and you're done!

    Just for your info, if you back up to the Advanced screen, I have "Fetch" selected for all my e-mail accounts (except Mobile.Me). If you back up to the Fetch New Data screen, I have Push "off" (to save power, besides it's redundant), and Fetch "Every 15 Minutes" set. People often ask me how I have my iPhone set up, so I figured I'd just offer it.

    I hope this helps.
  • feemcbee Level 1 (0 points)
    Yep, worked for me too!
  • alan27 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nice one , working for me too thanks so much that was really getting on my nerves
  • petegas4life Level 1 (0 points)
    Huzzah, that was getting annoying for sure.
  • aeon_au Level 1 (0 points)
    Setting Fetch to Manual worked for me too - thanks muchly
  • Wallabebe Level 1 (0 points)
    This problem has continued in iOS 4.2.1; especially given the free 'findmyiPhone' service introduced in that version. Changing the mail fetching option certainly appears to fix the repeating failures that were driving me crazy.

    Thanks!
Previous 1 2 Next