Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Check your Service Coverage and AppleCare Agreements

I happened to check the list of my AppleCare Agreements (for my Mac Pro and my MacBook Pro), and the one for my MacBook Pro is Missing!

It was there in May 2009. I had downloaded the AppleCare Certificate in May 2009.
(I purchased AppleCare together with the MBP.)

Luckily, if I check the MBP's serial number using the link "Check Your Service and Support Coverage" on Apple.com/support, it appears to be covered with AppleCare.

At the least, Apple's systems need a little fixing up. I hope their tech staff have access to better information.

Mac Pro 2.8GHz (Early 2008), MacBook Pro 17" 2.93GHz (Early 2009), Dell 2408wfp, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 6:16 AM

5 replies

Nov 23, 2010 3:13 PM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:
This is a user to user forum. If you find an issue with the lookup system for the service agreement, please call Applecare and let them know.

I have contacted Apple about the missing information and asked them to correct it. I'm awaiting their response.

This being a user-to-user forum, I addressed the suggestion to check "Service Coverage" to other users.

I'll bet I'm not the only person whose APP information appears incorrectly. I don't want to be bothered by confusion on Apple's part if and when I need to use the coverage, and I feel that at least some other users would feel the same way.

Check your Service Coverage and AppleCare Agreements

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.