Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Music in Airplay, but Video works?

Anyone having issues with Airplay from an iPhone to AppleTV with Music? I can stream video fine, but when I play a song the Airplay icon never appears. It does appear if I turn on my Bluetooth headphones, but never see the icon for the AppleTV?

iPhone4, iOS 4, iPhone, iPad, AppleTV

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 8:07 AM

48 replies

Nov 23, 2010 9:43 AM in response to MattFagala

I'm having a similar issue. I can airplay pictures from the camera roll, video in the ipod app and youtube video fine, but any music from the ipod app or something like pandora fails. On top of that, after trying to stream audio I lose my wifi connection. The phone needs a reboot for it to work properly.

I've updated both the phone and appletv2. I've even gone so far as to wipe the phone and set it up as new. I've reset the network settings. Nothing is helping. Don't seem to have any other issues with the phone and appletv communicating. The remote app works perfectly.

Nov 24, 2010 6:36 AM in response to MattFagala

With reference to my previous post this is my scenario:
I have updated my Iphone 4 and Apple TV G2 with the relevant new software. I can stream both videos and music from itunes on my laptop to Apple TV. I can Airplay Video and Photos from my Iphone to Apple TV. The problem I have is that when I Airplay my music from the Iphone, it streams to the Apple TV but the music keeps cutting out.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it. It does seems that others are having a similar problem. Ive also rebooted and all that.

Nov 26, 2010 6:11 AM in response to pitbull1965

I'm having the same issue. Rebooting the devices didn't help. I can stream movies and photos without issue, so one would assume that streaming music should be simple. When I go to stream a song from my iphone to my ATV, the phone shows that the song is playing even though no sound is coming from the tv. My iPad does the same thing, but plays small bursts of the song every 15 secs or so.

When I cancel the song on both devices, I am unable to use airplay reliably at all for anything else (movies and photos) until I reboot the idevices. After the reboot, my movies stream without issue until I try playing a song again. I do not understand what could be causing the problem here. If it was my router, appletv, or network then I would have problem streaming everything. I can only assume this is a software issue, and since this is supposed to be a configure-less set up, I'm also assuming there's not much for me to do to fix this.

No Music in Airplay, but Video works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.