Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see purchased movies from itunes on iPad

I can't see the movies I purchased on my iPad. I sync them from itunes. They are on the ipad based on the hard drive space used. But when I tap the ipod icon, I can't see movies or video on the bottom of screen or on the left hand side that would point to the movies.

Any help?

ipad, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 8:52 AM

12 replies

Feb 6, 2011 11:12 AM in response to thor68

thor68 wrote:
I can't see the movies I purchased on my iPad. I sync them from itunes.

+If you did download them to your iPad, restart your iPad or try a hard reset.+

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button at the top of the iPad until the red slider appears, then slide to the right to power off the iPad. Turn the iPad on again by pressing the sleep button until the Apple logo appears. Once the iPad has fully rebooted, find your app, and tap the icon to relaunch.

Try a hard reset by pressing and holding down on the sleep button at the top of the iPad while holding down on the home button at the bottom, until the Apple logo appears and the iPad restarts. Launch the Videos again and see If the movies are showing.

+If they were downloaded to your computer in iTunes, then do as Philly suggests, sync your iPad to your computer.+

Connect your iPad to the computer, launch iTunes, select your device on the left side in iTunes, click on movies at the top of iTunes, click sync movies, click on the movies that you want to put on the iPad, click apply in the lower right corner in iTunes, then click sync. That will put the movies on your iPad. Open the Videos app and you are good to go.

Dec 11, 2011 7:35 PM in response to debs970051

To be honest I am not sure it is the same problem, as I could see things in iTunes.

It was a very strange error. When the iPad was connected to my mac, I could actually see that the content was there, but it was not accessible from the iPad. I eventually did two things:

1. I rebuilt my iTunes library. It was spread over multiple disks since I have many movies (purchase and home movies of kids) To do this I put all the movies into a folder and rebuilt the whole library. Note that you should save all your playlists before this.

2. a complete reset and then re-synced everything. Note that if you have purchased content on your iPad by sure to do a transfer first. After the reset it will give you an option to restore from backup, do not select this option, rather set it up as if it were a new device and then sync from scratch. Since then, I have had no issues.

I hope this helps?

Can't see purchased movies from itunes on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.