Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does not MBP find Canon's lousiest printer

Hi,
After changing hard drive my MBP does not find my canon LBP5050n printer any more. I have downloaded and installed the CAPT V320_MacOSX_ukEN.dmg driver but cannot find it in sys.prefs, print&fax, options&supplies when looking for the driver in the "select printer software" list.
Where does it go? This regardless of if I am using the netSpot_Device _Installer or not.

The IP adress is ok. MBP tries to communicate via an Airport (Time Capsule) attached to a TeleWell TW-EA501 modem. The TimeCapsule is connected to a Zyxel Ethernet Switch to which the printer is attached. All other attached printers work perfectly and the whole setup as well. The problem is this "slowest printer in the world".

please advice,
regards,
pyry

 MBP 15" 2,66 GHz, i7, 8GB 1066 MHz DDR3 SRAM 2x4GB, 500GB 7200rpm., Mac OS X (10.6.4),  2xTime Capsule 1TB  iPhone4 32GB,  iPod 5gen 30GB,  iPod Nano 4 GB

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 9:36 AM

4 replies

Nov 23, 2010 5:48 PM in response to pyry

pyry wrote:
Is there something I have forgotten??

I would say the answer is yes. You have forgotten how to add this printer. If you refer to Chapter 2 of the CAPT guide which is included with the download, it shows that to add your printer using the CAPT driver you need to select More Printers and then select "Canon USB (CUPS CAPT)" for a USB connected printer or "Canon IP (CUPS CAPT)" for a printer connected via Ethernet.

And this has nothing to do with Bonjour as Ham incorrectly suggested.

Why does not MBP find Canon's lousiest printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.