Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "none" payment option when setting up Apple ID

I want to set up a free iTunes account but in the Ireland iTunes store there is no "None" payment option on the setup screen.

I did it before but now it seems to have been removed. Is there a way to set up a free account?

2.53 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 4 GB

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2010 12:40 PM

If you only want the free iPhone apps, take a look here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

Read the steps carefully as the order in which you follow them is apparently critical.

Hope this helps.
7 replies

Dec 23, 2010 10:54 AM in response to Chris CA

When clicking on "sign in" in iTunes the pop up states "If you have an Apple Account (from the iTunes Store or MobileMe, for example enter your Apple ID and password". Each user already has their own individual MobileMe account so that is their Apple ID. It makes no sense to create another account for each user when they already have one registered with Apple which I'm paying for annually.

Dec 23, 2010 2:37 PM in response to Chris CA

I can get "none" as a payment option to display if I change all credit information to my own for each user but I get the same error as before in iTunes on the Mac and on both iPhone "Your request is temporarily unable to be processed. Please try again later". iTunes Support emailed me back today asking me to redirect the issue to MobileMe Support as the Support rep believes it's a MobileMe issue and not an issue with iTunes 10.1.1. I'm still waiting to hear back from that department. As it is now neither user will be able to download anything from iTunes desktop application or from their iPhones. While I can sign in with my main MobileMe account I can't even gift apps to the two users since their MobileMe address has to be first recognized by iTunes.

No "none" payment option when setting up Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.