Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Validation errors

Need some help, has anyone had this before?

I updated to iOS 4.2 yesterday and when I try to access my iTunes account (both from my PC and from my iPhone 3GS)to download an App for example I get a pop-up:

"You have not verified your account. Tap OK to review the instructions on how to verify your account".

I tap ok.

I get redirected to a "verify your account" page where it tells me "An email has been sent to the address below with a link to verify your account." But underneath it states "Your email address has already been validated successfully, Thanks you" and the option to resend the email is greyed out.

I found the original verification email and when I click on the link I get "The address has already been verified".

Totally stuck as I'm going round in circles here!

I'm new to the forums so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

PC and iPhone, iOS 4, PC runs XP

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 2:34 AM

11 replies

Mar 31, 2011 2:48 PM in response to I.Am.McKinnie

I've solved this for me. I had exactly the same problem, and resetting the password didn't work. It started after I changed my email address on the account.

I did this:

* Found that the email addresses I had for my account was duplicated under 'alternate email' as well as 'apple id'
* Deleted the alternate email address
* Resent verification email
* Followed instructions on email when it came in

This worked for me and I can use the account again. Hope this helps, best of luck!

Validation errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.