Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Crashing Regularly

Has anyone else noticed Safari crashing on the IPad since the 4.2.1 update?
It does not seem to matter which website that I go to. Usually a newspaper or a weather site will make it crash. I can restart Safari and go right back to the site with no problem at all. It's the initial load of the site that will crash Safari.

IPad, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 5:53 AM

29 replies

Nov 25, 2010 5:38 AM in response to AVMini

Confirmed.

When I open this web page: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=97006 then open a new page and open this bookmarked page: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KIDSAGLE2

Safari crashes.

I have found that if I clear cache and restart the iPad I can use Safari to see the website. While I suppose it depends on the definition of critical, major or minor bug, in my view this is a major bug. I wish I had held off upgrading to 4.2.1 until this gets fixed.

Nov 25, 2010 7:51 AM in response to jhowa1

That's exactly what I have seen. I have had problems with Wunderground too. Now, here's a bit of an update. I went into Settings/Safari and turned off JavaScript. No more crashing. At least so far. Yes, some sites don't load all of their information, but until the problem is fixed, it's livable.

Nov 28, 2010 9:55 PM in response to AVMini

Thank you!

I turned off Java Script & executed my test case & it works.

Then I did a reply to this post to extend a hearty TYVM! and found that I can't log on to this forum without java script enabled. Clicking on the log on click is dead as a door nail without java script. No a big deal at all, just slightly ironic.

Hopefully our friends in Cupertino will do something about this soon. Thanks again for the tip!

Safari Crashing Regularly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.