Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading MP3s

When I download an MP3 from Amazon, the .amz file goes to the stacks Downloads folder. When I dbl click the file, iTunes opens but the song is nowhere to be found. I still have the .amz file on my desktop. I've downloaded quite few MP3s from Amazon in the past and not had this problem before (maybe before 10.1 ?)

Any ideas appreciated!

Early 2009 Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.5), G4 Sawtooth; 10.4.11; several upgrades

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 10:47 AM

9 replies

Nov 26, 2010 6:21 AM in response to David Cun

David Cun wrote:
Actually, I don't believe one can download an Amazon MP3 without the Downloader; I believe an "error window" pops up.

Yes you can. (I do it all the time.)

The Amazon MP3 store, and almost all the online music download stores that I have used other than iTunes, allow you do download tracks from your browser, without the need for additional software. Some people find the Amazon downloader to be a convenience, but it is not required.

Dec 2, 2010 5:19 AM in response to David Cun

The files should be in '(user)/Music/Amazon Downloads' (the default, unless you have changed it): they should also be copied into the iTunes library, though there is a setting to enable or disable this in the Amazon Downloader preferences.

If the files are not appearing there (and you can't locate them by searching) you should contact Amazon Support.

Downloading MP3s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.